Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] **Please Read Before Posting**

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, due to lots of posts that have been in the WIP section looking for teams or without screens or demo, I have decided that WIP posts should maybe have a general outline for the members to follow. Whether you read this or not before posting, I think it would be a good idea to look at it to make sure you do not get flamed.

Could a mod please make this a sticky?

1. GAME NAME: Give the community the game name. You always need a game name, so it is good to start out with that.

2. BASIC DESCRIPTION: Tell what the game is going to be, what cameras are being used. Give some idea of what type of game this is going to be. It could be adventure, online, FPS, etc.

3. STORYLINE: You should by now have a sense of the story or main concept of the game. You should probably list some of the goals of the game in this section which would include the basics of the story. This should include characters, plot, mission structure, etc.

4. FEATURES IN GAME: These should be the features you have in the game. You should already have at least a test of movement in the game with the camera, and at least a backdrop and one feature. Put that all here to show everyone at what point you are at. Do not be embarassed if you are a noob and are just getting started. Its okay if you have absolutely no media, it is a WIP game so far so chill.

5. FUTURE FEATURES: Tell everyone what you are planning to add into the game and what you really would like to have in it. If you are looking for a team, people will know what you are exactly going to have in the game giving them a picture of what the final prodcut will be.

6. SCREENSHOTS/VIDEOS: Everyone will always want screenies or even at the most a video. People with slow connections will want to see a jpg or PNG since they may not be able to download a huge game. Give some screens of the level design and at least one to two in the game screenshots.

7. DEMO (optional): If you are not at demo stage, do not release a demo. If you have finished quite a bit of the game though and have a playable version, upload a demo to your server, host, or to a site that will host zip files.

8. YOUR SITE: A good thing to have is a site whether it is a forum, your site, or the game\'s site. All goes here my good friends.

9. TEAM REQUESTS: If you really need a team for your game, describe in detail what you need for team members. Be reasonable in your requests and tell the team what you are going to be doing for work. You have to be at least programming or doing major level design. Nobody wants to be in a team with someone who cannot program around in the DB world. Tell people what you cannot put in and what you would like, and you can start up your team that way.

10. EXTRA COMMENTS: Well, you heard me, if you have extras to say about the game or some code you want to share (even media), posting here would be a good idea.
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline
Uh... Chris yeah uhm... theres already a sticky about this man.

Advancement Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Rats! Okay mods, scratch that and close this.
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2005 01:12 Edited at: 7th Nov 2005 01:16
This is funny. You don't read existing stickys, but you expect people to read yours?

If memory serves me right, you didn't exactly follow those rules either.

The future is here, and I can't afford it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:31:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:31:21