Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / index array out of bounds?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I wrote this code last night while trying to work out how to handle objects in the game I am working on. The code runs, but I keep getting an error messagewhen it writes the file (index array out of bounds). As far as I know, this code should cycle through the elements and stop when the index is no longer valid. I used a while loop so it would check before processing any code, so I am not sure why it would try to go through an invalid element.

Thanks,
Matt
mbaucco
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, not sure why it did not put the code in, so here it is:

Oneka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2005 17:24
use the Code tags because that source button doesnt work....so please try again

Making better games everday!
Oh yeah and just so you know its Oh-nek-a not One-ka!
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2005 01:24
At some point in time whatever variable your using goes above the maximum number of indexes in your array. This is most likely caused by one of the following problems.

1. A loop runs past the limit. Change the loop.

2. More likely is that arrays in DB go from 0 to the number in paranthesis when you declare the array. You probably just need to add another number to the max indexis.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:23:00
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:23:00