Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DBDN - Needed for DBPro user?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 16:50
Hi, I just got my DBPro package! I have a question.. do you think I need to subscribe to DBDN if I just starting with DBPro? To get the latest patches and additions do you need to be a member? Thanks!

DrD
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2003 16:55
To get the latest patches before everyone else and get a chance to test them - you need to join. BUT we always release the patches freely to everyone when they are ready. So no, you don't need to join just to get patches to DBPro. If you are just starting you might benefit from it, there are an awful lot of very skilled developers on DBDN who can help - but only you can decide if you think it's worth the money or not.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
darkCorridor
Years of Service
User Offline
lol - i'm gona enter the retro comp but not for the graphics card but the DBDN membership lol!

[br]mikey
PiratSS
Years of Service
User Offline
Heh, DarkCorridor, same here.

Card-to my brother, Lifetime Membership-me

Toughest line of codecol$=asc(left(Pcol$)),1+str$(rev)+chr(80)+left(right(mid(name$),1),1)
Dave J
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 06:52
Dark Corridor, if you win can I have your card? =)

I only have onboard graphics lol. =(

"Computers are useless they can only give you answers."
AGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2003 21:40
The DBDN seems very exspensive for what it is

Jeffro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2003 17:00
From what I have learned DBDN is probabaly more of a benefit if you are (at the the very least) at the Intermediate level with DB. There is plenty of help for noobs in the forums here.

DBDN will get you the beta patches and stuff like that but if you are a learner like me then it will not actually be a benefit. How would you tell what was a beta bug from simply not understanding what you are doing?

I am sure that if you have the money to spare then you will be able to glean some useful info but personally I am going to wait until I know a lot more than I do now.

In the meantime I think I will stick to the book and the forums.

It's never as easy as it looks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 23:03:20
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 23:03:20