Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / how would i start to make a game that looks a little like this:picture inside...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 05:16
http://www.ffartwork.com/7015aerithrevenge6wv.jpg

id like to make a game someday with graphics like this,is this possible in dbp??

if so,how would i start?
would i need to take some digital pictures with my camera & then texture some models with them?

im looking 4 ideas if anyone knows how to make a game look a little like this.

tks!
Guyra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 14:13
Well, the pic isn't 3D characters, but rather a pic of real plush dolls. But you can create models like this using an easy to understand 3D program like Milkshape 3D. With it you can make models that you can use in DBPro. Check the trial version at http://www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/ .

I'm no wiz at creating models, though. But it's like drawing, really, just in 3D. And as for texture, just make some in paint, so that you can test it out. You put the textures on in milkshape, too. Only thing you've got to do in DBPro is load the model.

Making a 3D model like those isn't really a big deal.You could probably create one in Milkshape by using five cylinder objects and a sphere object(Plus something for the hair), and then shape the cylinders to look like arms, legs and body. (Use the sphere as a head, ofcourse.)

Here's an example of a model made I made in Milkshape: http://www.deviantart.com/view/25023972/
It's made of 22 cylinders, 1 box and 1 sphere. A pretty easy model, actually.

Hope I wasn't too confusing for you, and hope it helps. Best of luck to you!
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 15:09
u misunderstood my topic.i have milkshape & i know how to model,& texture.what im asking is how would i make my model look realistic like this? (i know its a real picture btw).

would the best way to do this be using photographs of real material & then using those photographs as textures???
Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 18:32
Shaders would probably be what you need. That fluffy/soft look would be a careful combination of high resolution textures and possibly a shell based vertex shader to get the softness and random bumpiness.

And probably a shader or blur over the whole scene to get that level of 'soft' focus.

The models themselves would be fairly simple. It's the hard shadery stuff that would make the difference between cute modelled game characters, and really cute realtime 'soft' characters.

If you're willing to forgoe the shaders - then a full screen blur and some careful texture work would get you half way there, I think. (Maybe baked-in lighttracer lighting?)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:21:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:21:09