Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Space Invaders clone (noob with DBP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello I'm new to DarkBasic Pro and currently am looking going through the "Beginner's guide to DarkBasic" and have reached page 200. I really want to create a 2d version of space invaders and I think shortly I will have the ability to do so. Is there any tutorials / useful code that I can use to start off with? I've had a look at DarkSwarm's source code but it is alittle beyound me right now, anything similar but more n00b friendly for someone like me? Thanks in advanced.
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2005 21:24 Edited at: 10th Nov 2005 21:29
The code base on the gamecreators web site has loads of different code and I have found it to be very useful for things like what you have just mentioned.

[edit] Ok I just this minute went to the codebase and found this entry for you.
http://developer.thegamecreators.com/?m=codebase_view&i=60a37c200ac969c419ebb85c92c6f8f1

Hope it all helps and good luck with your game.

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
Bubble Gum Monster
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for your help. I'm doing this as a project for school, most people are doing either encryption/boring stuff but I decided to be different and make a game.

I have just found out that my school has DarkBasic not DarkBasic pro, hate to be a pain but are there any other examples I can look at that have been coded in DB not DBP? Also, has anybody written a tutorial that I can use as a rough template at some point?

Thanks again

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 07:31:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 07:31:28