Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / confused by lights...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm, I did a search but could not find any info. I made some code and tried to add a red light to gauge how strong the light was, but all I get is grey. As far as I can tell I am using all the commands correctly, so can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
David iz cool
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Nov 2005 21:10
your not the only one.i personally dont think the lights work at all!
mbaucco
Years of Service
User Offline
ack, my bad, DBP 5.9 non-beta.

The light does sort of work, it is just incredibly weak. If you are right next to it it you can see a red tint on the object. I would have thought that set range would control the light's falloff, with a range of 2000 all my little trees should have been red. Is there some way to set light intensity that I am overlooking?

Thanks again,
Matt
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2005 04:32
Lights are different in DBP and DBC.

And, don't forget that you also have Light 0 too!

If you want the scene bathed in say red light, try setting the colour of light 0 to red and play with the ambient light settings.

The other lights have to be set up properly to work and can be a right pain.

Take a look at my clock entry in the coding challenge thread on the DBPro board - might give you a few clues...

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:36:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:36:29