Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / middle aged fighting help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah.... I'm trying to make a game where you sit ontop of a castle and attack invaders or go out and fight them for yourself
heres the course layout
1=t1
2=t2
archer point=
dwarf point=
ninja point=
king point=
2 _______________
| |
________ | |
2 | | | |
| 2 | 1 1 1 | 1
| |
_|________________________________________________________

=stairs
above view

|
________________|_______________________________________________
I need to know one thing, is it possible for me to have a ball with a stick attached to it. if an enemy touches the stick while an attack button is being pressed can you kill it? and how can you make stairs? do i ahve to use an elevator or automatically move the guy or something?

8. According to plaque, "When Bush gives order, nod politely, wait to hear what Cheney says"
3. The plane's sole security feature: an angry kitty
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 04:45
stick ball thing -> yes....

the rest really isn't clear enough to comment on.. sorry....
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 14:27
As for the killing;

Add a limb to the user, shoot an intersection ray from the limb to the user, make sure to offset the limb right directly infront of the user, now check if there is an intersection between the user and the limb AND if the user is pressing the desired key AND if the iobject intersecting is the enemy, if so kill/delete/do whatever you want to the enemy.

For stairs;

Shoot an intersection ray starting directly below the user ending at the user's position. Check for any intersections with any objects in your game using a for/next loop. If an intersection occurs, move the user up at the desired speed.

Alter the distances and speeds at which the user moves to get the desired collision and death distances you....desire.

MMORPG programs
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks ruccus, alot of help. Is there anyway to either move the limb up and down when the key is pressed or put an object where the limb is?

8. According to plaque, "When Bush gives order, nod politely, wait to hear what Cheney says"
3. The plane's sole security feature: an angry kitty
MMORPG programs
Years of Service
User Offline
just bumping my post...
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 05:39
Kind of tired so this answer may seem messed....

Umm, ok every loop offset the limb to the limbs x offset, the limbs y offset plus a variable, and the limbs z offset.

Then... when the key is pressed, increase or decrease the variable thats added to the y offset.

And, umm to position an object at a limbs pos just use POSITION OBJECT and then the LIMB POSITION X, Y, and Z commands.

MMORPG programs
Years of Service
User Offline
k, ty

santah my god, theyre real! *santa faints*
red m&m:oh my god, hes real!*m&m faints*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 11:29:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 11:29:24