Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Miccho's Legacy: Ultimate Clash

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 02:08 Edited at: 13th Nov 2005 02:17
Ok, mods and flamers, I'd like to let you know that this is not a game. I don't know if this is against the rules or anything but I've started a WIP for a movie I'm making in Maya. I don't know if this really belongs in the 3d forum or not... but oh well. I'm just looking for some criticism and compliments.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Miccho's Legacy is a story my friend wrote. We're working on making it into an animated movie (mostly me) for my graphics design "exam".
It's about this kid Miccho, who works in the kings palace and finds out that an evil warlord is trying to take over the world by travelling through time. Sounds kind of lame but it's actually a pretty fun story. I've basically been building sets right now so here are a few screens. Tell me what you think

And yes, that castle is shaped like a face. I hadn't made the castle yet and I was tired, and... yeah. It will be changed
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 02:15
How long do you plan on the final movie being?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power... The world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 02:20 Edited at: 13th Nov 2005 02:21
Quote: "How long do you plan on the final movie being?"

About 30 minutes for the first part which is all I plan to do. (He wrote 2 other parts which are even longer) I only need to get 5 minutes worth done for the end of semester project thingy which is in like 3 weeks. And I hope I'll have more than 5 minutes done by then...
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2005 03:06
Looks very nice and I don't thinnk it's against the rules.
Good luck.

Louiz ofRohr
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks really cool
I like those effects..

The worst foe lies within the self..

The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 05:22
Thanks. Normally I'd be posting a lot more stuff, but my writer is just having me change the little things in the scenes. Nothing really to post... Also I'm going over the story and how I want to put it together. This Friday (and the rest of my week off) I'm gonna start working hard on it

Run in fear n00bs. The ANJL is here to serve you.
Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 05:41
Could you give us a preview of the story? It must be good for you to make it into a movie.

The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 05:45
Oh... I don't have it typed out. It's just on paper I'll see if he can give me a copy on a floppy or something. Sorry

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 06:00
Just a preview!!! I don't want the whole story given away!!!!

The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 06:13
Fine. I'll type it out. You're welcome

"Right away, sir." Zellar raised his hand and shot a bolt of lightning through the ceiling. It exploded with a loud bang: the army knew that this was the signal to begin the invasion.

Thousands upon thousands of heavily armed Topaziantroops filed out of the boats and into the city, where they captured shops, killed any resistance, and guarded the exits of the city. The walls that once prevented the city from invaders were now crumbling under the might of the soldiers' futuristic weapons.

Ok that took like 15 minutes. I'm such a slow typer
Happy?

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 06:18
sorry if I was rude... I'm very tired...

Thanks!

Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 09:04
this reminds me of myst

Zombie Hunter DBPro Beta 1 - December 2005 (only.. not)
editor: 15% | survive mode: 30% | multiplayer: 0% | story mode: 0%
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 15:45
Hm... Myst. Never played it. But I think he was basing it more or less on Chrono Trigger. (Or Chrono cross) whatever was the 2nd one.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 00:00
Nice work, I wouldda put this in 3D chat, but looks like theres not a prob with it, so after I got a good amount of my movie done, I can post it as a wip in this part. It looks pretty cool and game like, as it is a movie made in Maya, I would change this
-Shadows, add some (in know they can eat up render time, Hard shadows don't really, or maybe soft shadows )
Other wise, nice job dude

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:33:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:33:38