Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / FS Para Troopers

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2005 21:00 Edited at: 17th Nov 2005 11:38

I was thinking of the old games when elaborating on the idea . Its a relativly simple game objective: shoot the bunnies.

I'm currently working on some art sketch's for it - for story purpose's and a few more levels. Also finish'n off the menu .

The main game code is complete, bullets - bunnies attack - cannon - aiming system, and still implementing some power ups

Since I don't want to release an executable just yet, I took the liberty to give a screenshot, to stop some of u from complaining

Factory Level Screenie

*hopes the images loads up first time.... just incase i'll add it to the attatchment box*

hmm been awhile since i've been on dark basic doubt any of u will know me, and no i'm not new to programming thats what college was for *brag brag brag* end of message

{EDIT} I'm releasing a demo version of it within the next 2 weeks, thats if I have time to make a small intro / ending for the first forest mission.

Updates:
Currently has 10 fully working levels ^-^
doing out more designs for the first boss, probably ninja bunny!
with his special attack - well I'll let u see when the time comes

Hmm in other side info, i've only been working on this project for approx... 1 hour coding, about 45 mins for art.

The longest part is the 30 pages of design notes, which took approx 4 hours... but thats including dialogue for the storyline / campaign.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2005 21:06
Look out! there's a para trooper coming on the left!

I remember playing a couple of versions of it. Looks good.

Immunity and Annihalation makes Immunihalation...
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2005 21:19
lol, looks great

"OMG" "T_T"

Prepare for occupcation.
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2005 21:33
Haha I love games like this... and the graphics look quite good too

And I like how teh little bunnehs are going "OMG"

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2005 22:09 Edited at: 14th Nov 2005 22:14
Thanks for all the positive feedback, I was expecting to get flammed a few times for well.. the project IS still in its VERY EARLY stages of development. I've seen some of the negative feedback to some of the WIP

I'm still creating expressions for the bunnies, any ideas will be appreciated, providing they are within reason.

I may have a fully playable demo SOON just after I finish the high scores table, options, and last but not least CREDITS. BUT I wont be coding them today, hands need rest

Last but not least, Frames per second = 59, even though i've set it at 60 fps. At the lowest it is 54 that was when I trippled the amount of bunnies attacking it was like world war 2 except more bunnies

TDP Enterprises
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 01:15
looks awesome

Proud card-carrying member or the ANJL
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 03:09
There have been alot of incarnations of this game over the years and i lub them all - looking forward to the demo

TDP Enterprises
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 03:23
Sephnroth , i found your sig offensive, especialy the part where you encourage people to kill fellow community members, so i reported you

Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 03:36
Okay If anything serious happens after some of the bashing the ANJL gets away with I will be raising eyebrows though.

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 03:38
I haven't done any bashing, i just joined because that cat is so darn cute.

Prepare for occupcation.
The Cage Complex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 03:40
(If noobs make a justice league... Final judgement day has come... )

Sephiro> I spend whole days on this kind of games... the simplier they are, the more I love them. I'm now waiting the demo!!!

Louiz ofRohr
Years of Service
User Offline
Yep.. I wanna play a demo
it looks like you are doing a very nice work, Sephiro..

The worst foe lies within the self..

Oneka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 05:33
seph that sig is awesome and I totally agree with it....MEgaton was cool when he did it but all these copy cats are getting lame...

Making better games everday!
Oh yeah and just so you know its Oh-nek-a not One-ka!
TDP Enterprises
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 13:08
Quote: "(If noobs make a justice league... Final judgement day has come... "

i'm thinking you misread our title.......

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 14:40
bah, i had no idea of the connotations connected with being in the anjl, that's it, i quit, too much animosity for me

"We make the worst games in the universe..."
Lukas W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 14:55
im Sephnroth first and only fan

Zombie Hunter DBPro Beta 1 - December 2005 (only.. not)
editor: 15% | survive mode: 30% | multiplayer: 0% | story mode: 0%
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 18:40 Edited at: 15th Nov 2005 18:45
Update, well i've just started programming it again.. got highscores in, saves to file, reads from file. Credits done, help file done, 3 different difficulty settings, changes speed of bunnies, aswell as score. Last but not least I added a quit button ^-^

Added pause feature, press "p" to pause as usual.

also added a small effect for when a button are highlighted.

Release a small demo on dark basic forums hehe

Add first end level boss a.k.a. Ninja bunny

3 Different Endings for each difficulty setting

The demo will probably be released today
*in another note, glad to see u can all stay on topic *

For all you wondering how I created graphics, Anim8or for the bunnies, paint shop pro 6 for everything else. oh yes and a camera for the clouds.

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 18:56
Quote: "and a camera for the clouds."

wow, that's some really fitting lighting for this game to come from a camera shot!

waiting for the demo

Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 18:58 Edited at: 15th Nov 2005 19:00
@sephiro: you`re safe from flames cos you had something that all those other guys didn`t, ie screenshots that didn`t look like you spent all of two minutes making em and the right attitude (not using leet goes down well in my book too), oh! and you didn`t have the thinly veiled team request either.

nice looking game by the way, I like games with a simple premise, they go well with my intellect.

if there is one thing I can NOT tolerate, it`s intolerant people.
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 19:16
ninja bunny, cooooool

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 19:36 Edited at: 15th Nov 2005 22:34
OK its ready

This is version 0.2 two days into creating this game... so don't expect too much.

Its currently the same ending weather u do, easy, medium or hard. Created using DBC. 6-7 hours work in total

There is NO end level boss yet, 10 levels.

MAKE SURE U GO INTO OPTIONS AND ENTER A NAME!!!! and u might as well pick easy mode

if you don't your user name will be -> "IDK" meaning I don't know

Found 1 error, sometimes mess's up with the names on the high score board, i'll fix it later

*Waits patiently for feed back *

hmm wonder if any of ye will actually reach the end
Yes there is an end.... level 10 is the last level, then u see an ending pic

Attachments

Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 20:05 Edited at: 15th Nov 2005 20:08
Sephiro Neat game, I enjoyed playing it.

At the moment you have it so its one continous wave, but It might be better to have it pause after each wave/level.

You can have the waves differ by making each wave longer then the previous, having more bunnies appear on the screen at a time, and/or increasing the speed of the bunnies.

Oh and something I just thought up this second is maybe add a secondary fire mode. Like if you right click maybe you can shoot a missle which will have an AOE (Area of Effect) attack. So you can blow up multiple bunnies in one shot, but instead missles would be rare or something. Anyhow keep up the good work I hope I helped a little and good luck.
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 20:22 Edited at: 15th Nov 2005 23:22
Skeletor -> The missiles a.k.a. power ups are for after the factory level, bit of story line behind it.. blah blah blah not giving too much away, need to steal technology because of the on going waves of attacks are getting stronger

If i have some time tommorow, i'll put a seperation between the waves of bunnies. Hmm could just kill all bunnies on the screen to do that, that being the easiest way out. Maybe an explostion effect or something to that standard Ideas, Ideas

Thanks again for the review much appreciated

@"Me!" couple reasons i didn't put up a team request
a.) the game's a small simple one, why would i need a big team?
b.) its a 1 man / 1 cat job as it says on the credits
c.) I'll only post up a team request when i need 1, but currently i just want to show people what i can do, so i don't appear to b some random guy popping out of no where asking for a team in a later stage.

*Top secret A.K.A. SPOILER --> this is for later on in the game development side...

First glimpse of the ninja bunny

If you complete it in:
easy mode: Artwork etc.. unlocked
Medium mode: 2/3 special power ups unlocked
Hard mode: Super Weapon unlocked - Ultra Hard mode unlocked hmm should add a screenie of what it COULD look like:

{EDIT} -- Kk peter don't keep me waiting too long
I have the waves of bunnies seperated
Have a major headic, sooo i don't think i can code any more.. well until i get my cup of tea
Tommorow should have the Ninja bunny in, and start work on the next level a.k.a. the factory ^-^.

In the next Demo:
Improvements consist of end level boss ninja, new level, new enemies, new facial expresions and who knows what else!

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 23:01 Edited at: 15th Nov 2005 23:25
downloading, will edit when played

*EDIT* Lol, that was a great game, the music fits perfectly for raining bunnies of death

can't wait to shoot ninja bunnies out of the sky

Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 23:32
Very nice, very quick, very fun, very addicting.

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2005 23:50 Edited at: 16th Nov 2005 02:44
Thanks again for the comments, here's a new list of some of the new boss's i've been working on etc.. just sketch's mostly and well notes about their special attacks.

Ninja Bunny - moves to different sides of the screen, shoots back at your base

Mecha Bunny - Use's rocket pack to stay in the air, has armour, which u need to pierce to kill him, also shoots missiles

MIG - a bunny in a MIG, flys accross left / right drops bombs, high life level. this will include an animation of it being destroyed/ falling to the ground

Mega Bunny - really HUGE bunny, needs the crane to hold him up. It Attacks with giant carrots, can heal itself so you've got to be quick

Final Boss - Commander Sephi of the bunny army, i'm not going to go into too much detail on this one. All u need to know is he doesn't stay in the air for longer than 5 seconds, sky diver ^-^ u need lightning fast reflects to kill him.

*I'll b getting a web domain when this is finished..., sooo no more geocities and bandwidth limit *

{EDIT}
@Hawkeye, just reminded me about the blood effect i hav in another game, i'll go add in the little SPX now ^-^ i'll TRY and get some other features going ^-^

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 00:17
Pretty cool, for a demo... the only really glaring problems was the lack of decent music/sfx.

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Demo includes, new SFX, aswell as boss ninja
Seperated waves on bunnies
Level select, although you can only pick the forest level for the time being...

1-9 levels, then boss

Attachments

Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 06:14 Edited at: 16th Nov 2005 06:20
Hi again , I like the updated demo.

The only thing I dont like atm is how the bunnies just die when the levels time is up. However I believe you mentioned you would implement a explosion effect to indicate as if you recieved supporting fire in killing the rest of the bunnies or something. I think that would solve the problem.

Oh I like the ninja guy hes implemented really good. I also like the blood effects you added, it adds a considerable amount of detail to the game imo. Keep up the good progress!

Another upgrade I was just thinking of would be bird shot or shall I say "Bunny Shot"? heh. This would just shoot out a spray of bullets either right when the projectile is fired from the gun or better yet make it like a grenade. When the projectile reaches where the aimer was placed it explodes shooting out a decent amount of fragmentation that kills any bystanders.
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 19:48 Edited at: 16th Nov 2005 21:42
Skeletor <- Thanks again for another review, and game ideas . I think i know of a question you will ask after the factory demo is released, if you complete it you'll find out your anwser.

I might be able to get the factory one completed by today, i have improved AI for the factory level ^-^, the bunnies now use jet packs, so they can fly side to side. same as before level 1 - 9 then boss. I'm currently creating the Mecha Bunny Boss, and fixing up some support fire as you said skeletor

{EDIT}
Factory level completed, just adding in the support fire effect now... if i ever get it done ^-^

Factory level finished - added test demo to attatchment thing..

Attachments

Skeletor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 22:58 Edited at: 16th Nov 2005 22:58
Neato, the support fire effect works good and I see it says upgrade found but when/how do we use it?

Oh, I like the Jet Pack bunnies, it makes the forest and factory level much more different then just background images. However, when I first started the factory level I completed the first level then the boss spawned and I killed em. Then I played it again all 9 levels and I got to the boss again, But half way through the battle he froze in a single place and I just blasted him out of the sky. Not sure if that was a bug but i think it was. Anyhow keep up the good work!
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 23:26
teehee, nice little mecha bunnies...

i was going to say that the sfx sounded alot like cats but then i looked at the credits and realized that's because they are from a cat lol you should add a "no cats were harmed in the making of this game" thing

one thing i noticed is that when i clicked on the factory level to load it (i didn't click on forest first i just went straight to factory) it pointed the turret all the way down and to the left while it was loading... which although it's not bad it did look a little choppy...

anyway, good job!

--Peter

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 23:53 Edited at: 19th Nov 2005 08:51
{Edit}
"no cats were harmed in the making of this game"
I'm not saying they were or wern't

{Edit}
Updates:
Intro Complete
AirCraft level 1-9 + Boss Complete
Construction Site level 1-9 + Boss complete
Working on last level now.. then an ending
Amazon level 1-9 completed doing boss now, tis a secret
Really impressed with the bunnies on the amazon level

Hopefully this game shall be finished BEFORE 21st ^-^ instead of original deadline of 1st December.

I'll probably be finishing the game today, then polishing it up to the 21st...

General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
well i have all the levels done, all the boss's completed, i've ran short for time, bussy tommorow so i've posted up the final version of the game: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=65345&b=5

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:32:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:32:37