Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2005 22:43
There's really no programming problem here, I'm just looking for advice. Anyways, I'm making a game where you are flying, and I have a sky texture and I made a sphere, set the cull to 0, and textured the object. That works fine and looks fine. The problem is that I have it centered on the ship object (
) so the ship never goes out of the skysphere. The problem is that now, if I don't have a matrix (which I'm not going to have in the real game) it looks like you're staying still, even when you're moving. What are some ways I can fix this?

Thanks,
GMX

Hey, I'm still a newb, so expect lots of questions from me.
Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2005 00:31 Edited at: 17th Nov 2005 00:38
you could add objects like clouds and birds (maybe a little bit hard)

or you could add a cylinder that encompasses the player, and has a texture on it that is mostly transparent but with a few streaks here and there... then you would scroll the texture on the cylinder and make it look like little white streaks are zipping by... (all the time the cylinder is following the player of course)

that would be kind of advanced but it's an idea...

you would probably need to look up these commands for the cylinder idea though...

--Peter

"We make the worst games in the universe..."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:33:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:33:40