Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Zombie attack fps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
okay i need help for an fps. I need some help on camera though. I can do 1st person and i can do 3rd person. All i need to know is how to toggle between them. Also i know to do a shotgun you have to use several limbs. But is there a way to randomly generate limbs heading from an object, to a certain distance and then delete them? Also i can do fixed view but i need to know how to make the camera stay in the same place, but rotate and have the charector centered. Its going to be two player so i was wondering if there was a way to make a variable something like

I also want to have a kind of menu in the top right, not with items but with weapons, your health, your armour and your kills. I know how to do the numbers and variables but i cant get it to work

thanks for helping

In the world, there are people that agree with me, and the ones that are wrong.
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 21:54
Could you show some code? It seems you are quite new to DBPro, so maybe you should start out with some more basic stuff, and look up some tutorials. Besides, people don't wanna give you all teh codez unless you show you've already made some progress yourself.
Heh, you're almost asking for a whole game

I can't be fired... Slaves are SOLD!
MMORPG programs
Years of Service
User Offline
so far i have this for the game

the only problem is that the two circles are always in the center like they havent been placed. please help.

In the world, there are people that agree with me, and the ones that are wrong.
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "position object 1, x#, y#, z#
position object 2, x#*, y#*, z#*
x#= camera position x(0)
y#= camera position y(0)
z#= camera position z(0)
x#*= camera position x(1)
y#*= camera position y(1)
z#*= camera position z(1)"

Here is the problem. You need to make the x#,y# and z# variables the camera position before you use them to place the object.
Also, x#*,y#*,and z#* look a little weird. You should use x2#,etc. instead.

MMORPG programs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 04:48 Edited at: 21st Nov 2005 05:23
Also is it possible to randomly generate limbs in a specified direction for an object to a certain distance? i doubt there is but just asking. Also that code didnt entirely help...

the spheres still dont move...

There are only two types of people. The ones that agree with me and the ones that are wrong
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 14:59 Edited at: 21st Nov 2005 14:59
About the limbs, I have no clue because I have never used them.
And about the spheres moving, the variable which places them never changes. It is made the camera positions at the begining, but since it is not in the do-loop, it doesn't change when the camera changes. Move the lines which make the variables the camera position into the do-loop right before you place the spheres.

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 16:38
are you working in db , db enchased or db pro ?

you only live once , but you die twice
born and death!
MMORPG programs
Years of Service
User Offline
im working in dbpro

There are only two types of people. The ones that agree with me and the ones that are wrong
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 02:40
ok , then i`m sory , can`t help you . i work in db

http://dodica.proboards75.com/index.cgi
first 20 are mods. i have 9 sofar.
MMORPG programs
Years of Service
User Offline
hey, i'm trying to make it up to four players with menues and bosses!, its really hard but, hey i'm working on it. I'm making a function and then if you press 1 which is for two players then it uses the two player function. Heres the code right now. Don't bother playing it it doesnt work yet

also dodic i could edit some of the code from db, just post it and i'll see what i can do. I may be kinda new to dbpro but im good.

Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2005 12:50
is it just me, or have you made a strage loop. i meen, to make a loop you write

all i see is that you have "loop" at the end, but no "do".

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:26:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:26:49