Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / general 3d questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So, im a noob, but i have a few questions and i hope u can help me.
i cannot talk english very good, but i will try my best.
My problem:
I want to include 3d-models in my game, but when the program loads them there are just the models, not with the skin (or whatever it is, i mean the bmp file over the model), just in blue or red or whatever.
How can i put a bmp or jpg over the model and how can i use these great effects which i have seen in the product tour, like mirror or sth like this...

pls help me..

Hose
Freddy 007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 21:49
You mean the texture. Well, if you have UV-maps(image files where all the texture for one object is stored in one image file), then you can load the image using the LOAD IMAGE command, and then apply the texture to your objects, using the TEXTURE OBJECT command. I hope that helps you

I can't be fired... Slaves are SOLD!
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 22:21

if the model is already mapped with an image DBP should load the texture on to the model, meaning you don't necessarily need to use the "texture object" command...

if your 3-d program doesnt include a uv mapping tool there are several on the net... Ultimate unwrapper is one example...

If you load the image, load the model and you still don't see the textures than your model isn't mapped properly or at all...
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 20:03
How TO PUT THE TEXTURE :
load object , Load image , and then texture object , example :

or you could just make model with .bmp texture , and then db would automaticly load it with textures!

http://dodica.proboards75.com/index.cgi
first 20 are mods. i have 9 sofar.
Hose
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, thank u very much,
i think i will try this, and by the way, if u can help me again:
How can i use all these things of dbpro like the mirror texture or i dont know. these features explained in the product tour.
thx,

hose

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:34:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:34:44