Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / The Hacking Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
This game is going to be a hacking simulator. Kind of like uplink, or BS Hacker Zero. I'm almost finished with the engine,but I don't have any graphics yet. It's all words. So far, I have only made three other computers to hack for testing, but I am about to start adding levels. Right now I am working on the password cracker. It works, but I can't figure out how to tell when it's done. I need to check that a varying number of conditions are all true.

The two things you need to know to get started are, the help command. Just type help, and it will list all the commands in the game. And, the server www.searchstuff.com has a list of all the server names.

DrewG
Years of Service
User Offline
Not too bad... Polish it a bit, I guess...

Years of Service
User Offline
I'm adding logs, it will log your ip, and what name you login as when you log into another computer, and do the same when you log out, as well as when you delete or edit files. I've almost finished it. I will post this tommorow if all goes well.
DrewG
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, Good Luck..

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 09:11 Edited at: 20th Nov 2005 09:12
if u want to post the teh game code, u should say "Opened Source game"

ill check that game when ill get home.

BlueLightOnline Coming Soon. (95%)
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
just tryed it, and its kinda buggy the game =/
not working well, no backspace, and u realyl should put here the exe...

David R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 19:27
You have no backspace, probably because of the 5.9b3 backspace bug

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "You have no backspace, probably because of the 5.9b3 backspace bug "

yeah.. actually, its fixed in 59b3..cuz now backspace working without any extra code
once u using entry$() it will delete the last char with baskspace automaticly (no need more code)

Years of Service
User Offline
Backspace has always work for me. I'm hoping to post an update soon, Its just a problem with arrays thats stopping me. How do I shift everything in one section of a multidimensional array down one space, and add something to the top. I've tried add to stack, and other simmilar commands, but they move everything, and screw up the array.
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
backspace worked for you as:
if keystate(14) and entry$() <> "" then delete
or
msg$ = entry$() `(without using that code

Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know, i just mistyped "connect" while I was testing it and hit backspace. The extra n was deleted and everyone was happy.
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is the new improved version. It even has a partialy functional log system that I'm still working on. It now uses folders and files for the other computers. When you unzip it you will need to add an empty folder named "deleted" for the game to function properly, it wouldn't let me put an empty folder in the zip. Also, could someone check the code. I think I made it so it can't effect any files outside of the directory it is currently in, but I'm not sure. Before it does anything it check to make sure the word "hackinggame" is in the current directory name, and if it's not it imediatly exits the proggram. There are still alot of bugs, especialy with the log system, but I'm working on that. The exe and source code are included in the zip.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is another update. It has a few new commands, one upgrade that you can buy. I fixed the withdraw and deposit commands. The tutorial is finished, and the first level is at its very begining.
Please leave questions and comments.

Attachments

DrewG
Years of Service
User Offline
They don't work, Hmmm... Whenever I click the exe it messes up on me.

Years of Service
User Offline
Can you be more specific, what does it do?
Years of Service
User Offline
This might not work on some computers, but I never have had any problems, except the school library computers, but they can't open anything, because of security stuff. In this update, I changed the way money works, now there is a bank, some basic security, but you still don't get caught. Right now you won't be able to hack the bank, becaus I haven't finished the PIN and Password sniffer.
Those will hopefuly be finished tomorrow. Try connecting to www.softwaresales.com, the name not the ip. If you use the name it will bring up a webpage. connecting to the IP will allow you to hack it. Again, please leave some questions or comments. Another update will come tommorow hopefully.
foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
i run exe and it quits immeadietly

The More You Study The More You Know, The More You know The More You Forget, The More You Forget The Less You Know,
So Why Study?
Years of Service
User Offline
It's going to be another day or too, but by then, I will have some or all the the tracing system done. Sorry the other demos don't work, it quits immediatly, because of something I put it, it checks for a folder with "hackinggamethe" as part of its name, and if it doesn't find it it exits. This was so I didn't delete or modify anything I didn't want to by accident. I fixed this, by removing it.
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Dec 2005 04:44 Edited at: 12th Dec 2005 04:50
Okay, it didn't take as long as I thought. The tracing system is nowhere near done, but it works fairly well. Currently you can buy stuff even without money. That will change next update. It doesn't check what directory it is in, so be careful what files you change or delete. When I can figure out how to make a map and connect the dots the mouse clicks on you will be able to bounce your connection through other computers, to increase the trace time. The current trace time is just 20 seconds, for all computers. If you connect to www.softwaresales.net, the name not the IP, it will bring up the webpage. If your computer is like mine it will also bring up a warning asking if you want to run active content or something like that. The active content is the buttons on the page, wich are run with javascript. The webpage is in the zip file, and the site is completely fake, I just made it in a few minutes with .html files.
Cash Curtis II and Grog Grueslayer helped with the CLI. Thanks guys.

Attachments

foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
I looked through the code and removed it
the games a bit buggy.
e.g. i stole 10k from the bank without loging in.(there wasn't a login yet)

The More You Study The More You Know, The More You know The More You Forget, The More You Forget The Less You Know,
So Why Study?
foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
I like it
(i am a good fan of uplink)
mabe the bounce should be done by text.
a.k.a if your a little low on time when hacking the bank type bounce then the ip to bounce to.you can only bounce each ip once.that gives you the pressure of typing from the users perspective of input and output:

So Why Study?
Years of Service
User Offline
How did you steal 10K from a bank? The only bank in the game doesn't have 10K. I'm gonna have to fix that. Thanks for letting me know.
foxking
Years of Service
User Offline
I call it this:
whosi www.bankofabq.gov
xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
c xxx.xx.xxx.xxx
withdraw 10000
SIMPLE!

So Why Study?
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats odd, I though I took the withdraw command out. Thanks again for pointing this out.
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm working on a firewall security system for the other servers. This should be done in a day or two. I already added port connection, and the nmap command, wich is used to find open ports.
I'll probably add a save game feature soon.
If you have any suggestions for commands, or features let me know.
Drew the G
User Banned
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 20:25
Great, I am downloading now.

Anyhow, this game is inspiring me, once I play it, I will make a hacking style game, but not at all like this. I won't nick this game idea or anything, but, in my own style. I will begin work soon on it. Yesterday I got off school for 2 week in a half .
Drew the G
User Banned
Posted: 17th Dec 2005 20:39
Ok I just tried out the game

Suggestions:
-Too much text. Try to put less sentences
-Few Bugs, when I type in login, even though I already am logged in, an error comes up.
-Make it more fun. It's boring reading all this text, and then having to memorize commands. Already have a prefab list on the left side of the screen or something.

Compliments:
-I like the espionage of hacking feel to it.
-Nice font usage, it may be default, but certainly goes well with the whole them of the project.
-Good CLI, makes it useful and interesting when knowing what to input in.
-Game I would like to see finished.

Great Job so far.
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. It will be a little more fun, when I get the security systems up, then the game will have a point. I have a firewall that works, based on the way a real firewall works, but currently there is no way for the player to change the settings, I'm going to finish the firewall up, and post the new version later today. Hopefuly later today anyways. About the login thing, I don't know what causes it, but sometimes when you type everything right, it doesn't log you in. I'm trying to figure out why. When it does this, it usually works if you try again.
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, it's a few days late, but I finally got the firewall, and file permissions working. Not all of the files are set up, mostly just the ones on searchstuff.com. I'm still setting them all up, but I though posting something would be better than nothing. The file permissions are done unix style. There are even backdoor files, and hidden files. There is still that bug with the commands, where you have to enter them a few times, I still don't know what causes it.

Attachments

ThinkDigital
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Dec 2005 05:06 Edited at: 24th Dec 2005 05:07

Listen, call me an idiot, but I'm doing what it tells me to do

Attachments

Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, I forgot to say, that I didn't have time to update the tutorial, finals week you know. It expects a port number after the connect command, 23 is default. Most of the rest of the tutorial is probably out of data also, I'll fix it right away.
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry it's been so long since the last update, I got a little lazy over the holiday.
I should have the tutorial ready to go soon.
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2006 17:24 Edited at: 10th Jan 2006 17:25
wail

Also, each quarter of an IP address can only go as high as 255... '668' is a bit out of the way in that respect.

Support the AAANJL by doing nothing! Visit teh site below..

Attachments

Years of Service
User Offline
just change the colon with a space, an it should work
I know the real way has a colon, but I decided to leave it out.
Thanks for the tip, I'll fix the ip's

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:23:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:23:52