Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help please .....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
im new to this so first of all hello all .....
i`m trying to create a game based on dr who, i got hold of a 3d model in 3ds format from the internet, animated the light to flash on/off using 3ds max 8 demo, i then used 3ds max and panda`s x exporter plugin to convert it to .x format. (the reason for this is thet the 3ds model seemed to freeze db pro when trying to load).
if i converted to x format without the animation the light is off. but when converted with animation the light is stuck in the on state when used in db pro.
because of this i tried using sprites,got the light to animate using frames, put them together into a filmstrip as far as i`m aware i`ve got them pixel perfect, but the tardis sides move like in some old rubarb and custard cartoon
i can`t for the life of me figure it out....i`d prefer to use the 3d model so if anyone out there can follow what i`m on about then please help as i am banging my head into a brick wall.
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 16:44
please , explain your quesstion a little simpler , becouse i cant understand what you sad

you only live once , but you die twice
born and death!
opusnine
Years of Service
User Offline
what i mean is how can i make a light flash on and off on a 3d model and use the model complete with flashing light in db pro.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:32:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:32:37