Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help!!im a noob..

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi

i am making a thesis in my senior college...my thesis is about 3d game titled Ape Quest : Lost Trail..this game resembles the munkiki's castle (from nokia..a java game) since i can't make it in visual basic i will use darkbasic which i have no idea about it.

i recently downloaded harold iedema's Munkiki's castle.and i want to based the my game with that.(or modify it.

my question is ..how can i open the code of and .exe game and see the code from there..if not ..where i can find some open source code of puzzle game resembles munkiki..

i really need the codes coz im running out of time..( i need to make the game for 1 month)(i dont think i can learn all the advanced codes of dbasic.)

if someone knows harold iedema pls pm me or reply to this thread.

thanks

newbie on 3d
Me!
Years of Service
User Offline
I am not being harsh here, you deserve to fail your course, you can`t open an exe, you should have spent some time actualy doing coursework, if you make the effort you could have something that could save you from total failure in one month, people who think they can go through life scrounging off other people to do their work for them make me sick, I have just finished a ten hour coding binge trying to pull a huge game together and I am in no mood for wimps who think the whole world owes them, I recommend you spend some time working rather than sponging, now go away and study some online basic tutorials off this site if you are serious about accomplishing anything, I want to relax for a while before crashing out.

if there is one thing I can NOT tolerate, it`s intolerant people.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 20th Nov 2005 22:16 Edited at: 20th Nov 2005 22:17
Quote: "i am making a thesis in my senior college...my thesis is about 3d game titled Ape Quest : Lost Trail..this game resembles the munkiki's castle (from nokia..a java game) since i can't make it in visual basic i will use darkbasic which i have no idea about it."

I quote Homer Simpson... "doh!".

Quote: "i recently downloaded harold iedema's Munkiki's castle.and i want to based the my game with that.(or modify it.

my question is ..how can i open the code of and .exe game and see the code from there..if not ..where i can find some open source code of puzzle game resembles munkiki.."

The only way to do that is to get a disassembler... and of course you'd be learning Assembly. Since you have 1 month you'll only learn how hard it is to understand Assembly... let alone program in it.

Here's some Assembly code I got from the internet:

Quote: "i really need the codes coz im running out of time..( i need to make the game for 1 month)(i dont think i can learn all the advanced codes of dbasic.)
"

Probably the only way to do it is to look at the 3D Tutorials that are in the forums and just practice, practice, practice. You can also ask questions in the forums so people can help you... but we won't just do it for you. Most of us take great offense at the "gimme the codez" messages.
xzworks
Years of Service
User Offline
im learning the basic codes but the advanced one is so hard(especially the location(x,y) since darkbasic have no GUI for this.. i just want to have the idea of munkiki's castlet(since the tutorials in dbpro is FPS). munkiki's castle is my existing system(already printed in my documents) to improved so i will not totally copy the game.

the problem with me is i can't relay on tutorials alone coz of lack of english knownledge. i need some code simulation in order to know the program..

sorry for wrong grammar english is my third language.

newbie on 3d

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:39:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:39:02