Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 00:43
ok i am a totol n00b ok but i need some help. im just figuring out some commands like loading stuff from darkmatter, textureing,sizing, ETC. ok i want to know how to place objects in diffrent positions on the screen because if i dont change it they will just apear in the same spot overlaping each other right so i need some help on how to put objects in diffrent spots.

TY guys

ATI mobility radeon X600 graphics card
AMD 64 Bit processor
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Code?

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 17:17
ok , u firstly load your object , or make them , example:

make object sphere 1 , 5
make object sphere 2 , 5
`now you have to object , now you need to change position
`of one of them using the position object command , example:
position object 2 , 15 , 0 , 15
` (object number),(x),(y),(z)

and there it is :

you only live once , but you die twice
born and death!
DB newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 23:47
ok thanx for the help!

ATI mobility radeon X600 graphics card
AMD 64 Bit processor
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 04:20
Let me elaborate. The make object sphere command creates a sphere of the second parameter given. In this case that is 5. The number before that is the object number which allows you to reference that object later. So what you would write is position object objnum, x, y, z

objnum refers to the object number that was given to an object when it was first created. x refers to right and left, y up and down, and z forward and back. So position object 1 at 5, 7, 2 would look like this

That would position the object 5 units to the right, 7 up, and 2 forward in 3d space.

When we refer to units in DB we are talking about the built in unit. It can't be measured in real world units(inches, centimeters) because its in the computer, and it cant be measured in pixels since 3d does not work with pixels the way sprites do.

MMORPG programs
Years of Service
User Offline
camera: 2 player and objects
This will help you later when you need to do multiplayer.
1st of all you need the basics
sync on:sync rate 100: hide mouse
Then you need two object okay? so we'll create 2 circles
make object sphere 1, 90:make object sphere 2, 90
the make object sphere makes a sphere, numbers it then sizes it. Now you need a camera, the default camera is camera 0 so you only need to make one camera make camera 1 Then comes the part that makes it two player. Right now the code has the two screens ontop of eachother. you need to seperate them so you use....
set camera view 0 screen width()/2, screen height, 0, screen height this makes the camera be divided in half and placed on the left side of the screen, replace the screen width command with a zero and move the screen width to the zero and it'll be the other side. Then you make the object, store the coordinates like so
x=camera position x(0)
y=camera position y(0)
z=camera position z(0)
do
position object 1, x, y, z

since the position object 1 is in the the loop the sphere will move with the camera. You can also use xang=camera angle x(0). and then use the rotate object instead of position object.
here is the final code

Hope this helps!

There are only two types of people. The ones that agree with me and the ones that are wrong
Tye
Years of Service
User Offline
Cammandostion object[Object Number, X, Y, Z)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:34:28
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:34:28