Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / mini 2d rpg

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 12:06 Edited at: 26th Nov 2005 08:20

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 12:07
pic -->

Attachments

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 12:23
better pic -->

and unless you want to sit there for 30mins training to kill a robot press numpad +, since they have 10k hp, and the blue enemys wont be able to hit you cause i set the armour to 50def.

Attachments

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
ahh cool mega man

cool game... actually i dont think its an RPG game though..
anyway, very nice game, u should work on it cuz its very good project.. (i played that game until level 27 XD )

BlueLightOnline Coming Soon. (95%)
Nack
Years of Service
User Offline
lol, looks cool! Would be awesome when its done lol.

I have NOT abandon these ^......^_^V hehe
Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2005 17:58
Ooo, trippy

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 06:33
lol lv 27 :p,

anyways this isnt a megaman game just i found his sprites and they looked cool so i shoved them ingame, i added a new atack move (jump and loop) and i increaced the damage of the fire attack, and doubled the attack power of the player, and added a new enemy :o, some blue slime with a brain and he attacks you with his claws.

i recoded the sprite collision code, so now its actually sprite/sprite collision before it was just px distance, so you could like attack enemys behind you before, now its ahrder and enemys have the same advantage and when using there attack moves they can hit you more easily.

i wont upload a new demo yet as i wouldent call 1 attack move 1 enemy and some better code an update, so once i get some propper sliding collision(walking up hills/sprites and such) then ill release an update, and once ive got the main game there ill add monster drops and an inventory, this game will only be in dev for 10-20 days :p, so its unlikely i will ever add quests or npcs, but i will add thousands of monsters .

gamesmad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 21:13
Thats pretty good, I like the way they turn into little blobs Nice engine, I like the little numbers, they are very clear. Good work

Will

Team leader of Games Mad! and 3D designer, modeller and animator for Cyrain Studios.
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2005 08:19
ok update.

ive added more enemys theres now 7types,
added a gui so you can see your lvl, hp/mp/xp bar
monsters can drop items money,gems(rarer)
and you can collect them in your inventory
game auto saves every 10seconds and will load any gamesaves on execution.
added avoidability stat, (set to 80 atm) so you can dodge 80% of the enemy attacks i will significantly reduce this for the propper release.
added new attacks and a powerup move.
added teleporters so you can move to different levels easily.

controls~

a/d = move left/right
w = go into teleporter(if standing inside)
space = jump
ctrl = double slash(0mp usage)
alt = fire attack+dash(20mp usage)
shift = flip attack(30mp usage)
e = charge attack(30mp usage)
r = forcefield powerup(50mp usage/adds 100def)
q = loot, coins/gems/crystals
i = inventory, displays items collected
esc = quit

i know the controls are annoying :p, but once ive added a customisable control system then we wont have these problems.
the collision is very basic right now, thus why the maps arent very elagant. if you goto the teleporter to your right it will load up a map with harder enemys left teleport is easier ones.

you can loot one drop per 500ms to stop the screen being flooded with notices saying you picked up xxxxx, if you provoke enemys such as the bats or the eagles then they will follow you upwards aswell(if there were higher platforms)

you still cant die yet, but its easier for testing purposes. and with some enemys when they dont move they will have scribbles over there sprites this was because i added the feature to have breathing anims just never got round to adding them apart from the bats and eagles cause they must flap all the time.

c&c welcome as allways...

Attachments

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
well i got better controls ideas.. im not sure, but A/S/D/W keys are used only when u got a mouse control also, without the mouse those controls are sux.. =]
how about using the arrowkeys for the movement and calculator number keys for the attacks and stuff..

BlueLightOnline Coming Soon. (95%)
Cian Rice
Years of Service
User Offline

Well anyways its pretty nice so far Dark Coder.

soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2005 21:04
Quote: "how about using the arrowkeys for the movement and calculator number keys for the attacks and stuff"

But then both hands would be very close together and at the far end of the keyboard.

The performing seal mafia hasn't got to you aswell has it?!?
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 02:12
Quote: "i know the controls are annoying :p, but once ive added a customisable control system then we wont have these problems."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:24:02
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:24:02