Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I am new 2 Dark Basic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I only have a couple of Questions to ask to futher my understanding of Dark Basic.
1.]What is the diffrence between DB and C++?
2.]What Graphics Creation Suite does everyone use?

Thanks
Game Designer
Years of Service
User Offline
I really Want to make a free Roam Game like gta but I know this can not be compleated easily , then later add advance feature(AI,CHARATERS,MISSIONS,STORY LINE EXT..)
I MOSTLY NEED TO KNOW WHERE A REALLY GOOD TUTORAIL IS SO I CAN START PROGRAMMING ASAP.
THANKS
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 02:02
1. Difference between Db and c++ is mainly that in C++ you WRITE or download (free , or buy) game engine , and db has a built in engine . also db has been made for beginners to use (it`s a lot easier to learn then c++) , if you want to compare those two , i would have to say c++ 85% , db 15% , becouse c++ isn`t just game compiler , it can make loats of stuff. and some miliarder games like CALL OF DUTY are created in c++

2.for 3d moddeling , free is:

ani8tor
blender

3.for image editing , free is :
gimp

that`s all i know , i hope i helped

http://dodica.proboards75.com/index.cgi
first 20 are mods. i have 9 sofar.
Game Designer
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the Help.
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 04:14
Quote: "1. Difference between Db and c++ is mainly that in C++ you WRITE or download (free , or buy) game engine , and db has a built in engine . also db has been made for beginners to use (it`s a lot easier to learn then c++) , if you want to compare those two , i would have to say c++ 85% , db 15% , becouse c++ isn`t just game compiler , it can make loats of stuff. and some miliarder games like CALL OF DUTY are created in c++

2.for 3d moddeling , free is:

ani8tor
blender

3.for image editing , free is :
gimp

that`s all i know , i hope i helped "

For the most part right except that there are a lot more differences

First of all c++ is object oriented which means you create classes and prototype commands that can be used by anyone if they include your header file with the class in it. Very different from DB since DB is a BASIC language. C++ does require you to create your own engine where as DB already has one but in C++ you have to create a lot of the commands yourself. DB and C++ SYNTAX are completely different but I wont get into all of those details.

List of good programs, FAQs, etc...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=13351&b=7

Lots more than gimp

Photoshop, paint, paint shop pro, fireworks, illustrator just to name a few.

Helpful hint for Dodic - Stop trying to be everyones best friend. I thought I told you earlier that you are still a newcomer. Instead of trying to help others try learning instead. If someone asks about a compiler you don't know about then don't tell them about it since it could confuse them.

Helpful hint for Game Designer - Look at the date someone joined(right below avatar) and check if it is recent or not. If they are trying to give you advice that sounds complicated, is not coherently thought out, and there joined date is recent then it is most likely a newcomer pretending to be someone who is not. Do yourself a favor and ask for more info before deciding that there word is law.

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 13:40
Quote: "Lots more than gimp

Photoshop, paint, paint shop pro, fireworks, illustrator just to name a few.

"

i named FREE good staff , thise aren`t freeware , and your post rely wasnt that simple for a noob to understand.

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 13:51 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2005 13:51
Quote: "and your post rely wasnt that simple for a noob to understand."

You're a n00b

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 14:05
Quote: "You're a n00b"

i know c++ very good and db good to so i consider my self qualified to answer simple question as THAT.

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 15:02 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2005 15:02
Guys who cares, it doesn't matter if you are a "n00b" or not, if you know the answer to their question then answer it, if you don't then don't.

Dodic did give very good answers on the graphics "suite", it probably would have been better though to leave the c++ description to someone else...

(just because you know C++ doesn't mean you know the difference between it and DBPro... no offense but "it can make loats of stuff. and some miliarder games like CALL OF DUTY are created in c++" )

"We make the worst games in the universe..."
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 16:07 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2005 16:07
He was just acting like he was better than Game Designer
Quote: "and your post rely wasnt that simple for a noob to understand."

It sounded very rude.

Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 20:15 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2005 20:17
Quote: "i named FREE good staff "

first of all, 'staff' cost money, they don't clean your floors for free..

second: noone asked for free stuff.

[edit]

Btw, DB can pretty much do anything that c++ can do.. it may have a built in engine, but not a built in game engine, so you can do whatever you want. You can make any type of game, and any effect that you like.So that's what matters

Tye
Years of Service
User Offline
I can't really answer your first question, but for the Graphics i'd
say: -MilkShape 3D (Modeling)
-PaintShop Pro (Graphics Editor)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:29:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:29:13