Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] any one remeber zork I REMADE IT BY MAKEING ZORK 4 ALTER OF DISPARE its still beta any one want it

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok just to show you how hard i am working on this i will show you what i have bine doing over the weekend just remeber this is a beta
and now this one
tell me if you like the code i will releas the beta soon and a sreeney when i can

i make zork games
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 04:06 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2005 04:21
Sorry, no attention for you little boy. Lame attempt.

The cat era has begun.
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 04:08
Well, I COULD just say pwned and move and. so i will.

pwned

*moves on*

Down with GTA! Let's have Mario Ground Pound 'em!
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 05:14
Quote: "ok just to show you how hard i am working on this i will show you what i have bine doing over the weekend just remeber this is a beta tell me if you like the code i will releas the beta soon and a sreeney when i can"

Uh... that's written in QuickBasic... not Darkbasic. You'd have to do some major changes to get that to work in Darkbasic. You can speed up your program by adding "DEFINT A-Z" at the top of every sub.

It won't even run in QuickBasic because you have a bunch of bugs. Like if you want variables to be used inside subs you need to share them... "DIM SHARED variablename". The main thing is you need some code in the main area to call the subs... in this "program" you only have the dims and that's it. It will do nothing without at least calling one of the subs in the main part of the program.

I love Zork (as you can see by my name)... but this is nowhere near what you need to be doing to make a good text adventure game of the Infocom quality. You really need to go to Darkbasic. I used QuickBasic for years before I hit the memory limits... you'll eventually make a program too big for Quickbasic. Download the trial version of Darkbasic... and join us in the 21st century.

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=trial
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2005 05:43
seeing as we are posting our go away logo's

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:38:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:38:26