Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Why is my Matrix Flat?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2003 21:26
I'm sure someone else has probably posted this somewhere in this forum but I couldn't find the search so I'm going to repost .

I downloaded the Demo and have been going through the 3D Tutorial thats posted on the "create" page. But for some reason when I use their examples my matrix comes out flat.
Its only visually though because when I move around on the matrix I can see that its moving up and down. Is it my video card? I'm at work and I'm running it off of whats built into this athlonxp motherboard. I'll try it home with my GeForce4 card and see if I get the same result.

Just wondering if there was an error in the code that was posted or what. Anyways, thanks in advance...

...btw, I just wanted to say.. Amazing product and even better user support on this forum.. I'm gonna be purchasing this on payday .
QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2003 21:29
That's a weird problem, no one has ever complained of it before, so I think you're safe in that it wont be a problem on other computers...my guess would be the matrix is just hidden and you are mistaking the ground for a box or a plain...maybe?

Darken the skies, we are god
BoB Vila
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2003 21:38
In the end I just cut and pasted the code. On the 1 example, where its just an untextured matrix.. It was just flat, no matter how many times I randomized. When I started using the textured "walking" examples I could see that I was walking up and down on the matrix, but I was looking down at a flat plain that was visually below the camera.

The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2003 22:25
Have you updated the matrix?

Once I was but the learner,
now, I am the Master.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2003 22:35
Try postion matrix 1,0,0,0 and make sure your positioning your object at ground height for Y

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy!
BoB Vila
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2003 22:56
Update Matrix did the trick. Thankyou. For some reason they left that out of the tutorial.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 22:43:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 22:43:04