Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Aliens- Demo Update

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 07:02 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2005 07:09
See attachtment for demo in winrar format

Ok im reposting my WIP so that I can get all of the information at the top. The game is yet to be named so for now we are just calling it Aliens.

Aliens is a sci-fi FPS in which the player takes on the familer role of a marine traped aboard a space station infested with aliens. The full game will feature 5 levels though there will be no load in between only a check point for reloading if you die. I am hoping to add 4 weapons though pistol and shotgun are the only ones ive decided to use so far, id like some more original weapon idea's for the other two any suggestions?

The lighting in this game is done using the dark basic pro lighting commands and the levels and objects are all .x objects.

So far I only have 1 alien type (the 4 legged mouth spider thing) but id like to add more any suggestions please? At the moment im thinking of an acid spitting one or perhaps a small fast flying alien.

So download the demo and tell us what you think and please post with any suggestions or feedback.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Justin W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 07:07 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2005 07:08
See attatchment for demo in winzip format

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 07:54 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2005 07:55
cant play that game because its too dark..

BlueLightOnline Coming Soon. (95%)
Math89
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 10:29
It's a good game, man . I really like the beginning. And do you know that the sources are on the rar ?
gamesmad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 21:26
Thats really good, here are my suggestions:
1. The gun needs to be closer
2. Their needs to be some sort of gunflash
3. Maybe the gun should sway a little
Those are my only ideas to improve it, otherwise its really good, nice enemy model

Will

Team leader of Games Mad! and 3D designer, modeller and animator for Cyrain Studios.
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 21:49
Same as GogetaX; too dark for me. From what I can see in the shots it looks good.

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
devastation
Years of Service
User Offline
you need a really fast four legged alien that stays really low and looks up at you hungrily.

and the good old energy shooting gun never fails in space games.

verydevastating.com
Tom Thelwall
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea by the way, I came up with the game concept!
Tom Thelwall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2005 13:51 Edited at: 24th Nov 2005 13:52
And might I add, I designed the level maps! So technically it's my idea, just so you all know!
headcrab 53
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2005 18:49 Edited at: 26th Nov 2005 18:51
Looks good so far. It's also cool the way you had the enemies coming out of the vent in the ceiling. I realize it's not a finished game yet, and some of these you might have already thought about, but here's a few things to consider:

1) Some people were having problems with it being too dark. I had this problem all the time with my old monitor, which was way too dark. I always had to run games like Half-Life 2 and Doom 3 in a window and use the brightness control in windows or modify the config file to make it brighter. So maybe put some kind of brightness or gamma control in.

2) I noticed in the beginning that you could stand on the bed and jump through the ceiling. This means you could probably end up walking through the bottoms of ramps.

3) A gun flash would really add to the graphics, and having to reload the gun would be more realistic.

4) You said you were going to add more enemy types, and my suggestion is to have one shoot back with some kind of plasma or energy weapon that you can also use.

Just some ideas

Windows XP Service Pack 2 -- Pentium 4 HT 3.0 ghz
1 GB DUAL DDR RAM -- NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128 MB (PCI Express)
Justin W
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2005 19:51
thanks for the comments guys and yes im aware that you can walk up through the desk. The problem is I havent implanted a crouching stance yet so whenever the player wedges himself between somthing (like the desk and the floor) the collision fails and he breaks through.

As for having a gamma slider in game thats a great idea and I will see about adding that. On both computers I test the game on it is more then bright enough to play so il need some of you who are complaining about it being to dark to test it later on.

Wigget has been talking to me lately about a multiplayer coop FPS he is wanting to develepe so I have been experimenting with making Aliens a coop game. So far we have connected over the internet and can see eachother moving around the level.

So this game is now sort of a test or demo for Space Recon which we will begin workin on once I get a basic system down.
Flindiana Jones
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2005 21:09
Hmmm... pretty good so far, here's a few ideas:
I won't say make it brighter, because every one else did, but that does need to be done. You should probably make some sort of easier way of telling when the aliens are dead: I wasted a lot of ammo because the dying anim was so slow. Yes, The collision needs help: I somehow managed to back out through a wall into space!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:29:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:29:38