Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / My home-made grenade in-game shot.

Author
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 19:36
Thanks again to dpharaoh for helping with the scripting, etc.

-Keith

"Some people are only alive because it's illegal to kill them".

Attachments

Login to view attachments
dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 22:02
Hey this is looking good... seeing it on someone else's computer is nice!!
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 22:30
whats with the black space around the hud, can that go away? also, what else will be in the wepon model pack, and will there be any meela?

dont assune cause u make an ass out of u and me
dpharaoh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 22:31
The black space in the hud is what happens when a certain someone (cough *me*) forgets to make an alpha channel in the hud .dds
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 22:57
The weapon pack will include the handgun, grenade, and combat knife currently (if someone can figure out the whole melee damage thing). I also want to make ammo crates for each(especially if you can throw the knife...defer to the throwing star thread).

Although I'm having serious reservations about giving these away freely now after reading the "When free isn't free" thread; that really put me off.

-Keith

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 23:04
sorry, but im 13 and dont have a good vocabulay, what does reservations mean?
also, you could say they are free-cin

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 23:06
Reservations=I'm thinking about NOT making them free. I am not playing word-games.

-Keith

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 23:11
o, ok, how much do you think they will cost? and, if you sell them, please have installer for them, cuase i CANT figure out how to import wepons, ive tried, and the wepons get buged.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 23:34
They will definately have an installer for them, either way.

flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 23:41
wahoo! haha, another thing i need $$$ for, im so broke, but hopefully X-mas will fix that

Doctor Evil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2005 02:19
Good for KiethC! Assert yourself!

I say exactly what's on my mind, like "Imagine your grandpa in a speedo" or "I eat Jell-O while waxing the table" and my personal favorite, "I drink bathtub water"
smoked
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2005 00:38
looks good free or not, i personally wouldn't buy grenade models.. good models already come with FPSC
gamesmad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 22:08
Ahh, this is made with GameSpace, I saw your post on their forums, good work, very nice

Will

Team leader of Games Mad! and 3D designer, modeller and animator for Cyrain Studios.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2005 23:15
KeitC, do you have the full version of gamespace?

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2005 00:37
I've had it for awhile now, along with TrueSpace.

gamesmad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2005 18:22
Keith, should I get GameSpace full version or TrueSpace 5.2 full version?? I really dont want to make the right decision, its a lot of money.

Will

Team leader of Games Mad! and 3D designer, modeller and animator for Cyrain Studios.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2005 20:45
If you're just using it for game models, I would get the full GameSpace...it is basically a chopped down version of TrueSpace 6, I believe. Both programs have identical bugs (GameSpace and TrueSpace 6). I believe they are having a promo in the GameSpace site right now:

http://www.caligari.com/gamespace/thanksg05.asp

Check it out (look at the free robot model).

-Keith

gamesmad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 14:58
OK, but they are selling TS 5.2 for $89, thats damn cheap, does it have as many features as GS for $199?? Id rather have good software than a free robot model :p Also I just noticed I said I dont want to make teh right decision, want I meant is I do

Will

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 15:59
You would either need the GamePack to go with TS 5.2, or get a good file converter to change the file formats. It can be done with TS 5.2, just be aware of the bugs there as well. Also, unless you plan on getting another UV mapper program (Ultimate Unwrap 3D would be a good UV Mapper AND an excellent file converter...for $50) know that there were some problems with the unwrapper in TS 5.2. GameSpace 1.6 has the same UV Mapper as TS 6.6.

-Keith

gamesmad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 21:58
OK, cheers, I think I will go for GameSpace, Im more familiar with its interface now, and I will be needing those UV maps without bugs, and export formats are important.

Thanks Keith

Will

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 22:50 Edited at: 30th Nov 2005 22:54
You bet. Caligari's products have their share of bugs (as do other pieces of software), but I think you'll be a lot less frustrated with GameSpace. I'm hoping after they finish putting out TrueSpace7, that they'll concentrate on the next (hopefully free) upgrade of GameSpace.

You'll get frustrated at first (we all did, and some still do), but if you have any questions you can ask me...or post it on the forums. GameSpace forums are pretty slow at times, but you can post on the regular Caligari TrueSpace forums and get relevant help there (more responses there too). Good luck, and get it before that deal goes away!

-Keith

gamesmad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2005 13:55
Damnit, the offer ends tommorow, I need that money so bad... If I dont get it for £115, I dont think I will be able to affored it for a LONG time...

Will

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2005 14:33
If it goes away tomorrow, I GUARUNTEE that they will have another offer soon...most likely before Christmas. So don't worry too much. They are ALWAYS doing offers like that; who knows, Christmas may be a better deal for you

-Keith

gamesmad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2005 20:32
OK, Ill wait for another offer then, hope I get a bargain Its kinda annoying as I already have the full program, and the only change will be that I can save properly... Value for money

Will

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2005 20:39
Actually another major difference is that you can go beyond the 650 poly limit, to create more elaborate models down the road.

-Keith

gamesmad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 18:38
Thats kinda what I meant by being able to save properly... That limit already bugs me, especially once I triangulate the thing

Will

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2005 19:41
I never actually used GameSpace Light, I just went to the full version from the start. Yes, it can be frustrating to get close to the limit, and be satisfied with the object, only to have the poly number double when you triangulate it. Keep watching the GS site, there should be a special coming up within the next 2 weeks or so.

-Keith

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:47:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:47:24