Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Adding bullet holes/bloodstains

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am making an FPS right now. I have figured out how to do shooting and some basic enemy AI and movement, but how do you make a bloodstain on an object where it was hit or make a bullet hole on the wall where the bullet hit?

Hey, I am a total noob to DBP, so if you would be kind enough to just help me along. I'm good with FPSC though, just learning DBP now.

Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 19:39
Well, send out some particles, and using sparky's collision dll find the normal or the collision on the wall, and rotate the particles accordingly

Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2005 20:20
ok , i have an IDEA (that i USE in my fps).

when bullet hit wall , then it creates a box textured (to look like bulet hole) , quite simple isnt it.

now for blood particles are good for blood EVERYWHERE , but if you want blodstain use same box command and texture it as blood (you can use red only).

i hope i helped ?

http://dodica.proboards75.com/index.cgi
first 20 are mods. i have 9 sofar.
FPS Mastermind
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, thanks for the help. Anyone have any suggested settings for the particles?

Hey, I am a total noob to DBP, so if you would be kind enough to just help me along. I'm good with FPSC though, just learning DBP now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:28:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:28:37