Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Feature Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have searched the forums, and can not find a few specific answers.

1. I've read that DBP has real-time shadow capabilities, but some forum posts claim it breaks on higher polygon models. Can you further detail the shadow/lighting capabilities of DBP? Such as Per-Pixel, Self Shadowing, Polygon Limitations, Cast/Receive limits, Light source limits etc.

2. Per polygonal collision would mean that I don't have to use BSP levels correct? As in a fighting game where I would prefer detailed level objects in a very small area as opposed to blocky corridors. And would this use of non-bsp levels create issues with physics plugins etc.

3. Pixel shader support is there, but again, what are the limits? Normal mapping has been done, but is there a limit on combining shaders with shadowing? Also when using shaders, do they react to all light sources or just the global ambience etc.

I have downloaded the demos, but since I'm just learning the programming portion, I figure this would be a quicker way to get answers as I'm sure these are simple questions asked many times.
Jahya
Years of Service
User Offline
No one? None of the tech demos seems to show all of the capabilities. I guess if I do end up buying DBP I'll donate a decent tech demo.
Jahya
Years of Service
User Offline
One last bump, then I'll let it die and find another app to work with.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:28:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:28:16