Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Wad files, BSP and DBpro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2003 23:35
Hi,
Just a few questions - Sorry if I'm asking too many but I think they will interest quite a few people (I hope) -

Q1: I'm using Quark with settings for halflife(HL). Later on I'll be creating my own Wad files to replace the HL ones. But ... is DBpro able to run a BSP if It uses wad files or should I export them?

Q2: Is DBpro able to handle typical HL entities (e.g. player_info_start or light). I heard "real game tools" have released a function which handles entities but would it work with HL type entities though? Or should I just remove them?

Q3: What should I use to compile .Map to BSP's for running on DBpro? The one that come with Quark (or Zoners) or use the one which came with DBpro and CS and hope they pick up on the entities and Wad files?

Many thanks

JD
Some day, I'll be able to give advice too ... some day
Bighead
Years of Service
User Offline
Q1: yes. To verify that, you could try to load one of the pak that contain the levels that come with HL (and don't forget to include the wad files in the same directory you've got that pak).

Q2: well, there was an example 'bout that issue somewhere in this forum but I can remember where exactly. Does anyone remember where?

Q3: you could use Quark (the compiler that comes with DBP converts .x models into .bsp)
Strider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2003 20:46
Thanks for the info BH!

Some day, I'll be able to give advice too ... some day

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 22:51:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 22:51:14