Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / fog won't comply

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2003 03:36
i created a matrix in MatEdit and I had no fog in the program. But when i loaded it into the prog, an opaque blue fog was there. so i tried fog off in the DB code, but when i ran it, the fog was still there. so then i reloaded the matrix into matedit and created fog for the matrix there, then i reloaded into my prog again... same problem. what can i do to get rid of the blue fog and can i put my own fog back into my prog? i tried programming fog regularly in my code, but that didn't work either. any help would be great. thanx.
Beta1
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you sure its fog? Try the command to turn fog off (SET FOG OFF I think)

As its solid and blue it sounds more like the 3D background.

If your matrix is bigger than the camera range ( I think it defaults to 3000) then anything beyond that will be hidden by the 3d background - which is blue by default.

You can fix this 2 ways. If you make your matrix less than 3000x3000 you should be able to see all of it.

Alternatively increase the camera range (SET CAMERA RANGE command) so that the maximum draw distance is larger than the size of your matrix.

Of course both of these will result in more polys on screen and a slower frame rate (although I'm running a 50x50 tile matrix over 50000 units and a camera range of about 10000 without any difficulty)

Beta1
Years of Service
User Offline
to put in your own fog use the FOG commands. Look in the index for them - they are pretty self explanatory

Chief Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2003 17:34
thanx, what i needed to do was reset the camera range, that moved the blue further away. appreciate the help Beta1
Beta1
Years of Service
User Offline
btw you can change the color of the background to something else if you want - look for the 3d backdrop commands

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 22:43:51
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 22:43:51