Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / multiplayer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello people. Im new to both darkbasic pro and this forum so id firstly like to say hello everyone.

some advice is needed. I have created a very basic game and am wanting to make it a multiplayer game for two people to play agenst each other.
I have read through that DBP for beginners book and am getting no where. I have looked a the examples i got with the book and can see how to establish the connection between two computers and have tested it successfully. However i do no know how to implement this to the game.

I have also read about memory blocks but dont understand much about them.
As you can proberbly tell i am no coder and would much appreciate some well needed help.

Thanks again

- Peter.
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i'm not a DBP coder myself but all programming languages use the same logic...

-------How to implement multiplayer features-------
You've said you have established a connection to both computers
Well done, the first parts done

A.) To make it more understandable i'd suggest creating a simple messanger program, all you have to do is send strings a.k.a. words to each other, read them in blah blah read them out

Simple diagram

Input (words) - Processing(To other computer) - Output(To screen)

-------next-------
Once you've done this you'll understand how to send data accross, you can change the data to be player positions, update those on the screen etc.. etc.. and there you go it's a start and i'm sure you'll get the hang of it if you keep trying.

Hope it helps, sorry about no code I only program in C++/VB/DBC/Java....

Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 05:49
Didn't u post this in the DBPro forum just to tell u don't post twice, Please.

NARUTO IS THE NINJA.....not really

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:30:50
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:30:50