Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do I color a plain?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 04:46
Or is it called a "Plain" because it is always white? Or, if I can't color the plain, how can I color the text of the ammo and the clips variables in this code:
thx in advance, Jimmio
General Sephiro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 05:20 Edited at: 30th Nov 2005 05:21
a.) Your code is not indented, meaning its hard to read

now to anwser your question, you can colour the plain by simply typing

Quick explanation of RGB
numbers go from 0 being the darkest 255 being the lightest
R = red
G = green
B = blue

The ID is the object identification number which i think is 5 in this case, i'm not to sure though, as your code is a mess no offense...

Another way of "colouring" the object may be to texture it, in which you load in an intial image, texture the object, then delete the image to clear memory.

Changing the colour of text, relativly simple, you can use an INK statement such as
Which will set the colour of your text to red, RGB used again as explained before.

Last but not least indent your code!
E.g. Indenting is used to make your code more readable by seperating parts;

I'd be bothered explaining it more in deph but i'm rather tired...
Hope it helps ^-^

Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 13:27
Heyla,

I tried just using the

lines from your code - as you can see, I changed the rgb value to 0,255,0 - and when I ran it, it came out green, as I expected.

I think the problem may just be that the ambient light brightens everything in your world, so a colour as pale as 200,255,255 overbrightens and just looks white.

Either change the colour you're using, or set your ambient light less bright. In DBPro, that would be...

Hope that helps, and I'm sure you know about the Ink command now Good luck.
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 14:11
It would be useful to know what version of DB you are using (Not read any of the sticky's??)

If it's DBP then take a look at Set Object Emissive or texture the object with a plain texture the colour you want.

I'm new to DBP myself and had the same problem. As such, I've only recently heard about this command. (Thanks to RiiDii).

TDK_Man

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:38:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:38:05