Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Online Multyplayer 2D Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello there!

I`m trying to make a 2d poker game. Something like the ones on www.pokerstars.com or www.paradisepoker.net . What are those made in? (if you know them...)

It should be a poker game that can be played over the net through a server by thousands of people. If you go to those sites you`ll get what I mean.

Is DB a solution for me? Can you give me any pointers, like articles, other posts, source code or tips in chosing a programmming language?
smerf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2005 14:37
bd is extreamly limited in its ability to interact with other applications.
it is entirley possible to build a very nice poker game where thouands can play online using db but if you want it to be able to be played using a web browser you are better off using java or flash. however if you ar up for a serious challenge it is possible to use db over a browser using its ftp to transfer updated info to ther server then read and displayed through java my the web host.

hope this helps. and if anyone knows a better way please inform us.

A child's dream never dies.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 09:36:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 09:36:27