Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Dark Basic pro project-pont3d

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have started making a 3d presentation program in Dark Basic pro on sourceforge. You can look at it(even though it is only in stage 0.0.1)and get an idea where I'm going. If you want to help and have a sourceforge account, just send me a mail at revolvevolution@users.sourceforge.net with your username so I can add you to the list. You can also make an account if you want to help. It will look much better after the UI is done. Thank you for listening. I know there are many other projects you could be looking at right now, but I hope someone will want to help.(must know DBP and have BlueGUI)
http://point3d.sourceforge.net

1% done... [href]www.x-streamsystems.tk[/href]
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2005 00:22
SourceForge - is this a first for a DB Pro Project?

Good Luck with it!

White Mail Revived
Years of Service
User Offline
I now have a screenshot and have put it on sourceforge too. Still working on interface.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 23:11
I wouldn't bother putting that screenshot up, its just a blank window with a file menu. But if you do, make it a jpeg or something other than a bitmap.

Quote: "It will make presentations easier to create/control and will include things like 3D effects and custom scripting/editable transitions"

So is this like a powerpoint thing?

Deadly Night Assassins
White Mail Revived
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 04:24 Edited at: 7th Jan 2006 04:20
basically, but it is made for those who can't program. I also made it to cut back on time I used to repeat code for "powerpoint presentations" I made with dark basic. And yes, I know the screenshot sucks, but I am having trouble getting some of the controls to be up front and which to be behind. Rainbow isn't easy to use to get that kind of stuff done. After I get the controls to host the imformation, alot of REAL code will come.

White Mail Revived
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2006 04:31 Edited at: 7th Jan 2006 04:38
Okay, I decided to ditch my complicated UI for a much simpler one. I now have sourceforge updated with the new build that also demonstrates a few functions I am putting in. Notice this is still EARLY in development to think about if it looks pretty, so please excuse any "non-pretty" stuff. I might post a screenshot here, even though it is already hosted on Sourceforge for all to see. I have some bugs that maybe some of you guys could figure out for me though.

1.My toolbar buttons don't seem to want to be detected and my variable to measure if they have been pushed or not are allways 0.

2.Does anyone know about how to get your mouse to respond to the model it is directly over?(like in quickly model pro, you know, selecting it) I tried to figure it out, but I'm not sure how to go about it without things going haywire. ( I have my model being displayed through a camera viewpoint)

3. Is there an easy way to get 2D and 3D to easily exist or will I have to use my alternate plan(putting 2D on 3D planes.)?

4.How do you use the Treeview? I can't figure out what the image index they want is.

Thank you to all who help answer these questions!

EDIT:Maybe I will put a pic up...
[img]

White Mail Revived
Years of Service
User Offline
I forgot, how do you make the dark basic screen not respond to the mouse click on the tree view?
I need to solve this problem to get this updated.

2% done... Now it's [href]xstreamsystems.net.tf[/href]
Fneep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2006 20:43
Can you edit your post instead of putting up 3 consectutive posts...
Also, I dont get how you mean this is powerpoint for those who cant program, you dont need to be able to program in powerpoint... We are talking about microsoft powerpoint, arent we?

White Mail Revived
Years of Service
User Offline
I meant this is like powerpoint. I stated not for programmers because if you know DarkBASIC, you can get the same results as this program will. This program will help you make "powerpoint-like" presentations without knowing DarkBASIC to get your 3D. I'm in a pit right now due to many problems that need to be solved, and not knowing how to solve them, without trial-and-error. It would be nice if those who have made projects that have these features in them(or problems) to give some insight on how to go about them, or just plainly state it is imposible. Thank you!

Sorry about the triple posting...

2% done... Now it's [href]xstreamsystems.net.tf[/href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 12:29:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 12:29:37