Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3d matrics please help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Could somebody please help i am extremly new to proggraming
i have created a floor but cant figure out how to put a wall
around it could some body tell me the formula to work out what size i need

thanks
Flaming Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2005 19:21
I don't quite understand what you mean, you said you need a formula to work out what size of a wall you need, if you just need a size, I use trial and error works very well.
But I f you want to know how to actually make a wall, I would make a cube, then scale it to the size you want and place it on the endge of you matrix. Hope that helps.

Am I dead yet?
TDK
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2005 19:30 Edited at: 10th Dec 2005 19:31
A matrix is just a grid like a chessboard and looking straight down at it from above, the distance between each tile joint is ALWAYS the same.

For this reason, you can't actually get a vertical slope on a matrix.

But, you can get a 'wall-looking' effect by texturing the tiles around the edges of the matrix with a suitable texture and then raising the matrix's edge heights a fair bit. It's a quick fix and isn't great, but it doesn't look too bad if your character is inside the matrix.

I have a matrix tutorial for beginners on my web site which will point you in the right direction (link in sig at bottom of this post).

TDK_Man

catman
Years of Service
User Offline
that helps a lot thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 11:18:29
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 11:18:29