Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 06:21
could someone point me the way to a really GOOD tutorial on functions for DB? i've read what i could find but nothing really helps me for my situation. what i have is a seperate piece of DB code that just loads a couple of images, fades in, plays a sound, then fades out. what i want to do is make it into a separate function so that i could call it up in other progs. the thing is, that code snippet doesn't return a value, it just does what it does. i hope that my question makes sense. thanx
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2003 14:42
Hi,

Functions don't HAVE to return a value. You can definitely use one to do what you want. Think of them as localised bits of code. First of all - write the code that does all the image loading, fading, etc. And then stick it into a function That's about all there is to it really.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 22:57:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 22:57:25