Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Long time user, new to DB Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been using Dark Basic since it first came out and I like to mess around with the 3D part of it but I mostly use it for my work making small programs like timers for a lan center and stuff like that. But I'm getting frustrated with how slow it gets. Also I'm trying to send data over a network to 3 computers. My question to anyone familiar with DB Pro, can you send data over a network and how reliable is it. Also making "mouse over" buttons is super slow (for me anyways) in DB, is DB Pro faster or is there a set of commands that makes it easier. If anyone has an example of this I'd really like to see it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Zealous
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2005 05:49
It doesnt sound like youre making an actual game, so yes the built in dbpro 'multiplayer' commands should be plenty fast enough.

Also, DB Pro handles sprites MUCH faster than classic. And sprites work great for 'buttons' ect (unless you want REAL windows style buttons, in which case get Blue GUI plugin for DBPro).

In short, I dont think you can NOT like pro if youre coming from classic, and the price is not bad at all.

All you need is zeal
CocoPuFFz
Years of Service
User Offline
Blue GUI is exactly what I've been looking for. Thanks

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 11:29:16
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 11:29:16