Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / FPS Pathfinding

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,
Anyone out there know of good tutorial(s) for making AI in a fps with good pathfinding and targeting ability. Thanks

It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it. —George W. Bush
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2005 02:24
try the monsterhunt tutorial at the developer section , then tutorials , and you`l find it , it is a fps witch containes ai witch has what you want i think...

i make free 3d models , then you tell me some stuff about usseles posts and then something heppen...
SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2005 14:06
Dodic, there's no pathing in that tutorial, all the monster does is turn to face you... (sneaky way of making sure it never falls off the matrix)...

I don't know where any tutorials for this are, but pathing just needs objects that are hidden, (the computer still knows where there are) and when it touches one, it looks at the next one then moves towards that. How you make it know which point is next, is up to you.

Just make sure you path objects are at a point at which enemy characters can collide with them - if you've coded in your gravity, and your path point is too high, it will probably just move under your node and look straight up at it...

...maybe one day I'll finish a project
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2005 14:45
it doesn't need hidden objects, you should look into A*

SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2005 19:26
well, I'm handling it with tiny hidden objects - if there's a better way, you may want to use that instead...

...maybe one day I'll finish a project
Snuffy 5000000
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers guys I'll try it out.

It's clearly a budget. It's got a lot of numbers in it. —George W. Bush

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 11:24:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 11:24:49