Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / My retro entry : Ghosts'n'Goblins 3D-Remixed

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 14:02
LOL ! yeah.... and my 3D model viewer is the best of all time !! and thats official, cos I said

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
doxxan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 15:48
hehe, iceman. nice joke.

but, to get to the point, the pictures of ghost n goblins are indeed retro fx's gfx. You can read up on their site that they made the gfx themselfs. Their retro fx lib is a gfx enhancer, that's true, but it REQUIRES premade gfx because it replaces the ingame sprites with ones created in a paintshop progg.

So, you'r on the way to copyrigth hell !

Iceman
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hehe - would'nt surprise me Freddix.

He's away doing a google search for "rare but cool looking RPG screenshots".

Incidently, most people would let the players decide if it's one of the best. Seeing as how nobody seems to have heard of it, I'm interested in how you got to the estimation that it was one of the best.

VANseam is without a doubt, one of the best seamless texture creators ever created by me ."

Ya know...... For someone who should know better, I find these comments from ya childish Van.

First..... Care to explain this comment?
He's away doing a google search for "rare but cool looking RPG screenshots
Where did you get that crap from Van?

And no Freddix....Its not a "Rip" of anything....Its been about now for many many months.

Also Van..... I think you got it a bit wrong, just a tad, when you said this..
Incidently, most people would let the players decide if it's one of the best. Seeing as how nobody seems to have heard of it, I'm interested in how you got to the estimation that it was one of the best.

I said.... "was hailed as".... Er... So...... Dont you understand the English language now Van???? If it was hailed as something, then that infers that others did the hailing! Think about it!

And....."VANseam is without a doubt, one of the best seamless texture creators ever created by me" oh yes....I agree with that..... It is one of the best you did. ...LOL.....Say no more.

Iceman

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2003 21:17
Well would you mind inferring who said such wonderful things about this mystery RPG. Where can we download it, what's it called, etc etc etc.

As for me being childish, well so be it - people can take me how they like, but the thing seperating me from you is that I'm no fake.

I only come here to hear your excuses, keeps me amused. It's just a shame that Freddix's post has been vandalised by all your nonsense.

Van-B
Iceman
Years of Service
User Offline
Well...... YOU have done your fair share of "Vandalising" the post too Van.
And Im no "Fake" either..... I just did it as a wind up. Shame you cant leave it at that.

And as for the game and who said what etc...... Stop going on about it.....You know where it can be found, just like you can read the feedback from the proggi.....

Just go to the website for the team and download it from there.

But you knew that already.

Anyway...... I am NOT posting on this thread again..... So if you want to continue with the thread you will be doing it alone.

Iceman

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 02:23
Iceman that'd be all well and good... but none of use have a fuckin' clue what its called!!
you can't find something you don't know - its like saying, "hey go find this picture of Britney Spears i took, its on the net somewhere!"

somehow as i don't ever remember you releasing anything, and i'm finding it suspicious that such a hugely acclaimed game i'd not know of ... sorry but without the knowlage or backing of the more Prodominant members here and at RGT, i'm not sure how you can call it 'hailed as on of the best RPGs'
especially as i have wasted a good 5minutes and searched the Gallery.

But i can't seem to find it - both Rich and Rick have displayed info on there about every major game there has been since like early-2001.
You're name isn't on there, and i don't even see any other RPG's cept those i've noted.
Either produce the game that is so good, else pipedown and stop fighting a battle you can't possibly win here.

I'm going to be extremely annoyed to say the least if i have been lied to here about a game - because i'm waiting to see results, you have wasted enough time here of many of the users. There is nothing funny in your 'prank' as it were, as you were never even considering explaining who it was really from - that is stealing no matter how you wish to gloss over it.
From the post i'd say you wanted people to praise you and make you feel better for work which isn't yours... there ain't no sympathy for someone who screws with the community in this fashion, and there never has been.

this has classic GamerX all over it from my pov

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Xoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 11:25 Edited at: 28th Mar 2003 11:27
I hope the judges are not specifically looking for 'good looking' entries as this would be a shame as not everyone can design hot looking graphics. I see alot of entries are VERY nice to look at, but HOW do they PLAY?
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2003 12:29
LOL !

like I said Iceman >> all you have managed to achieve is to tarnish your name for this. Just like you did over on the RGT forum for trying to steal PSI tut

It's obvious by how you speak in your posts that you are a kid. A kid who has dug himself a great big hole and can't get out of it.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
FurEffect
Years of Service
User Offline
I for one would love to see this game Iceman I love a good RPG, trying to make one myself in my spare time, I find transition from running around changing into a battle sequence a huge hurdel...how did you accomplish this as my method sucks.

Oh and BTW freddix...in these final few days nay hours we have left keep it up, thats some truly class work you have yourself there.

DaZ

"There is only two ways of this island, the first is in pieces and the seconds with me." -(ReX/DaZ)
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 10:11
Hi . . .

I think you will be deceived but I will probablynot get enough time to finish my game for the competition . . . Why ? simply because "destin" is against me.
Last week-end my graphic card burned ( it's fan was out ) and now I'm ill with 39°c temperature ( default human temperature is 37.2°c in french ) imagine . . .
I have the head like a big potatoe !

Hope I'll be soonly better to finish my entry . . .

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 17:36
Well during my rgc development, I've had a fight with my girl, broken my wrist, caught the flu, had to move house('cos of the fight!), been messed around by the removal co who still haven't given me a key, and that means I can't develop multiplayer 'cos my other machine's in their lockup, along with all my research material and books and I'm worried I won't finish too!!

But freddix, please, please do get at least one level done, 'cos I LOVED ghosts and goblins as a kid, and I would have chosen to do that game if I hadn't broken my wrist. I've ben looking forward to playing yours instead.
Sell something you don't need, or pawn it and buy a gfx card to finish on
sil vous plais?

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 18:47
don't be sad.
If I can't finish the game for the competition , I don't mean I will not finish it

I'll continue it after . . .

empty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 21:34 Edited at: 29th Mar 2003 21:36
Quote: "
default human temperature is 37.2°c in french
"

Bon rétablissement

Ogres have layers.
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2003 22:34
bon
+bon chance!

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 03:12
I know I'm dragging this back up.... but after first posting up screens of work which you claimed was yours... ( which was NOT yours ) and then the barnie about you also trying to claim one of PSI's Milkshape tut's some time ago....... and then telling me that I was wrong about it.

I'd just like to point out that you also claimed in that post to have written another tutorial, and said you was going to use pictures like these >>

Scroll down to the green picture of a human
http://www.realgametools.net/forums/index.php?board=8;action=display;threadid=406

But that tutorial you said you was going to post was written by this person

http://www.josh.ch/josh/home.php?menu=tutorials&submenu=Human%20-%20leg

I now rest my case

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2003 12:35
I know I've joined this thread a little late but when I first saw Icemans G'n'G screen shot here I didn't think for a second it was his, so I spent a good while searching for G'n'G on the NeoGeo, SNES, etc and comparing it to the graphics I could find and ultimately I drew a blank which made me think that perhaps he had actually drawn them. If I'd found the Dreamcast retro remake one then I wouldn't have put it in the newsletter obviously! Damn shame, looked lovely too Shame it's a fraud (and was posted in such a way too - that original post was no joke in any means at all, it's just blatant plagarism). Never mind though, I'm not too worried re: copyright issues, if Sega (?) contact us I'll pass on Icemans details, it was him who posted the shot to a public forum as his own work after all

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 15:27:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 15:27:16