Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / menu screen? This is hard...lol

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
My name is Nathan Hall, lol, now that we've gotten that out of the way, i am making a game and i have the character walking around with the upkey command (along with the left, right, and down keys) well i want it to be if you press the shift key a menu pops up... (this is a 3d game if that makes any difference) and after that the upkey, downkey, leftkey, and rightkey commands work with the menu instead of the 3d object, thank you for the help all of you, these forums are the most helpful forums that i've ever been to, well, thanks for the help, i hope my questions can be answered like they have any other time...thank you all!

P.S. please be sure to fill me in on how to make the menu screen pop up (as well as the controls changing) THANK YOU!!
xmen
Years of Service
User Offline
Try this out hope it helps

o0o0The Code Keeper0o0o
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,
the code didnt work, and do you think you could segment it up so i could know what each of the parts does sorry, i'm jess a newbie :S thanks for the help bye bye!

Jadelion
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, here is what I would do
first make a bitmap that is your menue (with paint or whatever)(also make a cursor image to move over the menue,or multiple images of the menue for wherever the cursor is))
then "load bitmap" and use "get image" then "delete bitmap"
then use "sprite" and then clear the screen "cls"
at that point load the game part you have setup, hide the sprite "hide sprite" (you'll need to put "draw to front" near the top of your program so 2d sprites are drawn over 3d objects) from there your main loop will need to be modified like so
"if shiftkey(mabey use the scancode) =1 then menue =1
while menu = 1
show sprite 1(menue)
show sprite 2(cursor)
(add if for cuusor movment)
if shiftkey (again I think you will need the scancode)=1 then menue =0
endwhile

...that move was indeed...Bold.
xmen
Years of Service
User Offline
I try it and it work fine try this just copy and paste

Zach
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2003 01:10
Just E-mail me for a menu i've made ... I've already sent it to other people ... znatm1@cs.com

Tupelo, Ms
CarlTaylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2003 07:34
no no no guys... he has to figure it out himself, otherwise he wont learn how to do it next time. ill give you a starting point though, nathan hall.

make your main engine (walking around, etc/) a subroutine. this is dont like this i believe, if maingame is the name of your main engine code and menu is the name of your menu code...

Main:
{type your engine code here}
if shiftkey()=1 then goto menu
endif
goto main

Menu:
{Menu code}
if shiftkey()=1 then goto main
endif
goto menu

baseball = life
CarlTaylor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2003 07:35
wow major typo, i meant "make your main engine (walking around, etc.) a subroutine. it is done like this i believe:"

my bad, im really sleepy tonight *yawn*

baseball = life
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2003 14:08
Yea but I would suggest using Diff keys for each one And make sure there is a DO LOOP statement in each one.

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 22:40:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 22:40:39