Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Quikly 3d Studio Pro EA Pre-Release: Buy now for Christmas ;)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 13:35
Hello! Richard has just emailed me, offering me a discount in my next purchase at TGC. I'd like to thank him and everyone here at TGC for supporting their users, though they're not responsible for Quikly 3D Gamestudio.
Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2006 23:24
lucky you,
i can't email because i payed by postal order, unlucky for me
Aoneweb
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2006 02:49
Oolite@ maybe a photo of you holding the quikly box and CD may work, why not ask Rich for suggestions.

Game resource forum and arcade, click sig.
buns
Years of Service
User Offline
I got to admit, I really had been holding out, just curious to see if Kang would do something, I guess I'm going to finally give up waiting for this vapourware to re-appear.

I too didn't email Rich as I paid by cheque - lesson learnt, I'll never be an EA again...

Buns
Catking
Years of Service
User Offline
@oolite @buns I paid by cheque and emailed Richard and I was offered a discount off their products so do email.
code master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 04:07
Odd... Kang posted in one of his threads on the 10th of february, 2006 ...

Lynx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 04:45
Yeah... it's 2006. So what?
Mystic Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 00:25
Im Kang's Brother In law (Dont Flame Me Please).

First Quikly.com Always Pointed to http://kangaroo2.com/

secondly, 9th life studios website was: http://www.9thlifestudios.com (I think), I Will talk to Kang ASAP On this, But hes very busy ATM With other things, but this is high his list.

Mike

IF you want to help with a flight sim contact me!
Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 00:33
Mike, you keep trying to defend him and tell me several times on msn long after kang announced its death, that he can't get his router to work, i assume your just trying to defend your brother but its useless, so give it up.

No offence intended.
Mystic Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 00:39
I haven't spoken to him in ages, Hes lost my respect in full, Its not right to cheat people out of thousands. He can Scre* himself.

Mike

Im just here to help....
Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 01:14
my, you change your attitude quickly.

And its more like he cheated people out of about 160 quid...in total.

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 02:52 Edited at: 8th Jul 2006 02:55
I hope you will excuse my input...

Mystic Death - I sincerely apologize if I'm wrong, but from my point of view (from only reading your two posts and the replies), you seem like you might be either someone who wants attention, or are Kangaroo himself. Here is my reasoning:

*If you're his brother in law, wouldn't you have more imformation about him? (Maybe not, since you basically said you want nothing to do with him...)

*Is it just a coincidence that you have been on this forum since 2004 and are his brother-in-law? (maybe being another of his accounts, or just some random guy in the forum who only made a few posts (searched you with google)?) (Maybe it is a coincidence, or you joining was influenced by him...)

*You have no contact info('cause you want your identity secret if you are him), and you live in England...(not much of a clue, though... Most likely a coincidence...)

Again, I apologize if this post is taken as an insult, or if I am falsly "accusing" you of this.

I will gladly remove this post upon request if it is offensive to you. (I'm just a little suspicious and want more information about this...)

Mystic Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 11:09 Edited at: 8th Jul 2006 11:10
I am his brother in law, I live in Suffolk (I can show you proof), He Lives In Somerset. I have only made a few posts, as I never really Started DB, But ill start as sooon as I can. I dont want anything to do with him,

Oolite: (30 x £29.99 and 20 x £19.99 He sold more then 50 copies i know that much)

Mike

(And yes, Sam Influenced me on Game Design, Thats why i joined the forum)

Im just here to help....
Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2006 11:41
@UFO: He is 13 i think and lives far away from sam, so this is why i can't see why he could have any information about it.

Mike: I was using an example, i know it was a small amount of money to scam, and i'm pretty sure it was under 50...way under.
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok. Sorry. I believe you now

Quote: "(30 x £29.99 and 20 x £19.99 He sold more then 50 copies i know that much)"

Ouch

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2006 05:38
As far as I'm concerned Kang will not be welcome on this forum, as he has proven to be a scammer/con artist. Hopefully one day he'll get his just dessert, but until that time we can only wait to see what happens.

"I understand creative people. After all, I worked with towel designers." - Ray Kassar, former head of Atari
MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2006 00:25
Wasn't a smart move by Kang. Personally, I visit just about every major game forum around, so he can consider himself blacklisted when it comes to game development.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 18:33
Have any charges been field againt Kangaroo2?

Not to be rude, but has any op compaired ISP info between Kangaroo2 and Mystic Death?
Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 19:54
Mystic Death is on my msn list, he's not sam, thats for sure.

and..way to bump
Guyon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 15:32
So Kangaroo2 got off with no charges filed? So sorry to hear that if it turns out that way.
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 16:15
Dont think anyone would be able to check court proceedings anyway...

Come to the last Unofficial DBPro Convention (http://convention.logicstudios.net/)
Supplying "NO" since 1974...
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2006 20:17
The police aren't going to be able to investigate unless someone wants a criminal complaint. The police aren't psychic you know.

Cheer if you like bears! Cheer if you like jam sandwiches!
"I highly recommend Philip's Vector Tutorials" (RiiDii)
Carrier Command remake project
UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The police aren't psychic you know."

Hm... I always thought they were...

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 00:50
I'm not going to bother for $50. Taking someone to small claims for that small amount is a waste of time. Wherever Kang is, I hope he's too embarrassed to come back here.

"I understand creative people. After all, I worked with towel designers." - Ray Kassar, former head of Atari
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 06:26
So that's what quickly game studio was?

Wow. That sucks.

I hope he gets what he deserves.

VR2
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd imagine that rather than setting out to be fraudulent, this situation can easily come about when a developer bites off more than he can chew, or makes wild or misleading claims about their software, you know like, I dunno, a game creation system that is advertised as being able to run on a GameCube or Mac etc, via the built in compiler that "knows what to do"...

You may laugh but it's not as far fetched as it sounds, I've seen threads like this on this very forum!
Death Swarm
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with VR2 that's why I stick to making free software

I know what your thinking
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 13:17 Edited at: 4th Sep 2006 13:47
[edit]
nevermind.

Quote: "I agree with VR2 that's why I stick to making free software"

Not once did i see in any of the posts i have read by vr2, has he said "Well, maybe you should just make this free software because i feel that this is a bit much too beleive someone has done." So really, what you just said was exactly what vr2 said with "And this should be free software too, that's why i make everything free software." added to it. And that was not meant as an insult, or to be offensive.

Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 18:33
I don't see a point in bothering anymore. Lesson has been learned, etc. Just think twice about the quality of whatever you're paying money for next time. Quickly looked like a nice product, and I liked it's creator, but I doubt I'd ever spend $50 on it.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 21:07
I've read a lot of posts in this thread I just wanted to say that the "Approved by TGC" thing sounds nice. Perhaps something like "Recomended by TGC" would be nice for freeware applications and games.

As someone said, I think it would do good for the developer and be nice advertising for TGC. Something to put in the newsletter too.

adr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2006 23:25
A full criminal investigation probably isn't worth the hassle - aside from the satisfaction.

Since we have his name, phone number and full postal address, is it not possible to submit his details to the Inland Revenue? After all, I'm sure all that untaxed revenue would be of interest to the tax man.

[center]
But you see, I have the will of the warrior. Therefore, the battle is already over. The winner? Me!
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 04:36
That's a great idea, but being on the other side of the world is a bit of a problem for me

Quote: "but I doubt I'd ever spend $50 on it."

Well half of it was to save time, the other half was to support the DBP indie scene. If nobody supported the little guys, then there would be a lot less of them. I didn't *need* this product, but Kang seemed like a standup guy who spent hundreds of hours on a product that had value. Just wish he'd have the gall to come back and make things right. Oh well

BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 07:32

wow, just read all 11 pages of this...wow...

that REALLY sucks,

im making something simillar to this, and was going to charge something similar too...

this will probbably be a hit on my sales, or anyone elses for that matter.

did anyone ever go to his house? i would have. and i wouldent have left without him handing me cash

seriously though, sorry for your guys'es losses..

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
moogal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 00:54
Please continue what you are working on! There's a reason I tried to buy Quikly, and it's that there is nothing else like it. The closest thing to what Quikly claimed to be is TGC's own FPSC. I almost bought it instead (wish I had!) but they refuse to add the one feature I want, a 3rd person camera. (It wouldn't even have to be a player camera, I just want to see my own character if I'm to spend months making NPCs)

I've been following DB for years, but aside from looking at the occasional Python script I've never had the desire to code. Quikly was to be a basic level editor, with integrated physics and collison, and a basic game oriented scripting language (and was to output DB source also). It'd be a perfect thing for a modeler like me who is really more into Machinema than making an actual playable game. But it was all a lie, except for the curious demo. I'm still trying to figure out if that was planned with the scam, or if the scam happened because of some other unfortunate event.
Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 03:21 Edited at: 13th Oct 2006 04:17
When I left the forums so very long ago, Quikly was still being made, and at the time, I thought that it was quite impressive, especially after I tried the demo that I believe let you build a simple level and then walk around it. I think you could shoot too, though I'm really not sure.

I was making AGE/AGM then too, and I have to admit that the description that Quikly was given seemed to dwarf my projects. I kind of accepted it as well by commenting and even crediting his apparently impressive work. I really thought that this would be something special, and although many other forum members, users of DBP and myself didn't pay for this project, I think we've been slightly affected by it too. Something of a dent in the community that an old member who sounded like a decent guy has left us with - though I can talk as I wasn't here for any it!

But maybe I'm just being all soft and fuzzy. Sorry it's not much of a contribution to the discussion which seemed to be about hunting him down, which I hope you eventually do by the way. He has a lot to explain for.

Edit: Though a refund would probably be more fitting to most of you. I would like to think that it's possible that something went wrong that has left him unable to make contact, as I myself had that happen, but since he's been contacted and just lied really, I guess I can subtract any doubt of him genuinely having problems.

One thing I'd like to know though, now that you've all gone through a complete scam, what would you say the telltale signs are?

You are not alone.
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 08:38
Was that the same kangaroo guy who has been here for ages?? I cant be ****************************'d reading the last 11 pages, so what actually happened? Could someone give me the size of it in a nutshell?

regards,
Greenlig

Blender3D - GIMP - WINXP - DBPro
Kohaku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 13:41 Edited at: 13th Oct 2006 13:43
He sold a load of people cds/dvds - in very nice blue boxes might I add - for like $50 which contained installers that need to download online content, so there wasn't a lot on them. He was supposed to activate the server so that people could get their copies, but he never did! Plus, he vanished around the time everybody received their copies. People have been trying to contact him for a few months now, and whenever somebody is successful, he just tells them that something exciting is going to happen in a week or so. Somehow, that kept happening for quite a few months and now everybody is quite rightly peeved.

That's what I picked up from reading it all this morning, though it was dark outside, so some might call it night.

You are not alone.
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 19:38 Edited at: 13th Oct 2006 19:40
Yah, that was back in February when I paid for an early-adopter version of this product, because I had great respect for Kang's work. The CD I received was nothing more than an online installer--- absolutely nothing else.

All I know is he hasn't ever replied to my emails to all of his addresses. There's no way somebody could not be able to make contact for what--- 9 months? There's only ONE thing I can think of what might have happened to him, but I don't want to believe that as his brother-in-law has talked to him several times.

It was a cash grab in the purest form, nothing less. We didn't know we'd get worthless CDs with online installers on them.

EDIT:

I want to make it clear that this online server didn't ever exist, as the software always said it couldn't connect. Kang said he had to turn it on when he's free

Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 21:39
WOW This is still here ? time to close now? it's been months.....

I'm back! Great to be back | Watch out for one of my projects soon that will be finished
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2006 23:48
No. Chris, get out of this thread if you have nothing to add. You have trolled here time and time again. This shouldn't be locked as it's a great warning for people in the future that you can never trust someone 100%. It's best to part with your money *after* the product has been released.

moogal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2006 02:14
Kohaku:

I don't even care at this point what happened to him. I'm much more interested in finding something new to care about! (like whatever BULLSHOCK 2 was talking about working on)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 16:24:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 16:24:54