Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Moving an Object Y

Author
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 05:56
HI,
I know that the code
move object 1,1
would move an object on the x axis. How do I change that to the Y Axis?
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 06:20 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2005 06:20
position object command will allow you to position the object in the x y z dimensions

turn object then move object would simulate the same thing except each method has a different movement method.

the latter would point the object in the direction you would want to move it to, while the first will simply make it move up n down regardless of pointed position.

If no-one gives your an answer to a question you have asked, consider:- Is your question clear.- Did you ask nicely.- Are you showing any effort to solve the problem yourself 
MMORPG programs
Years of Service
User Offline
here's a simple thing.

dont respond to my threads- Ruccus, smoked
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2005 14:03 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2005 14:04

Just a couple of problems with your code medieval, first off you defined y s 0 but what if the user's starting position isnt 0? Instead you should define it as the objects position in the beginning.

Also, your x y and z variables aren't integers, or are...I always get them mixed up...Either way, they wont store decimals and in games its common for user's y positions to be decimals.

Hope the function helps.

P.S:

Once again, why do you have my name in your signature. Please take it off.

Drew the G
User Banned
Posted: 28th Dec 2005 05:41
Thanks, I have an idea now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 11:25:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 11:25:42