Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Control Problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 08:18 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2005 08:44
I'm not quite sure what the problem with this is. I was going for MGS-like controls, but it seems to lock up at certain times. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 15:14 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2005 15:15
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "lock up" but the way I understand it, it's because when you for example try to push both the "up arrowkey" and the "left arrowkey" then it locks up. If that's the problem then it maybe would help using keystates for the controls instead. Like this:

It could also be a hardware limit on your keyboard

-The Nerd

PanzerGameshere
Free Particle Engine For dbpro :
here
Luminence
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2005 16:49 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2005 17:15
Wow. I actually never even tested concurrent keypresses. While that would lock it, that isn't what i was talking about. When pressed in certain directions(and these change throughout play) the model will start to turn, reach a certain point short of the intended one and stop
rotating. I came up with a workaround by checking to see if the angle was within a certain spread and then using that. This kinda looks bad tho, because the model will be kindof skewed, not aiming where it should.

EDIT: Alright, what am I doing wrong with curveangle? Even this won't work. It reachs about 170 degrees, then stops.

if upkey()=1 : ANG = 0 : endif
if downkey() =1 : ANG = 180 : endif

valan.fcg = curveangle(ANG,valan.fcg,10)

EDIT 2: After setting the 3rd value of curveangle to 1, it works. I thought it was speed of rotation when apprently it is how many steps you want to take to get to the final angle. The downside of this is, no rotation, it just switchs its facing, which doesn't look very good at all.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 11:17:05
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 11:17:05