Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Felony Rise (GTA style game)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2006 19:18
I noticed that your ground1.bmp texture tiles a bit bad, so i made it tile much better

Currently working on (trying) making a new 3d engine for/within dark basic classic out of basic 2d commands, with vertex edit supported.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Dodic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2006 22:20
Have you tried the texture ?

Currently working on (trying) making a new 3d engine for/within dark basic classic out of basic 2d commands, with vertex edit supported.
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2006 13:59
yep

Felony Rise 10% complete
Middle Earth ORPG 2%
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 19:46
For all who wanted to help on this project please make yourselves known. People who said they wanted to help have not been active on the team forums or this thread for days. If you were originally part of this team and you wish to continue to work on this team please post back here as soon as possible. I will then give you back your "Team Member" status on the forum. Thanks.

http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com/index.cgi

Felony Rise 10% complete
Middle Earth ORPG 2%
Red Ocktober
Years of Service
User Offline
the game looks good P... i'm sure you know the spots that you need to work on as far as what's in the screenshots... lighten up the characters shadows a lil and it'll work just fine... and some of the textures need a lil work...

... but basically, it looks as if you've got the scale down pat, and the layout of the city scape looks about right as well...

good luck with your project... it looks like you're off to a good start...

--Mike
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 19:59 Edited at: 19th Mar 2006 20:05
Thanks I just wish people who said they wanted to help out on this project would be a little more committed

Felony Rise 10% complete
Middle Earth ORPG 2%
visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com/index.cgi for Felony Rise discussion and Dark Basic Tutorials soon
moogal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2006 22:16
I want to help, but I don't know what you want. I'd like to record some silly songs, in case you do the radio thing. I was even writing a radio "morning crew" type skit that I'd contribute. Mainly I want to make cars, especially "unique" ones, because I thought filling the garages was the best part of GTA. I want to know how many polys the cars need to be, and if the doors and wheels need to be seperate objects (with shared textures). I'd be happy to tweak textures, make alternate textures, and any low poly environment objects also (statues, fountains, etc). What does the game need most right now?
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2006 17:15
moogal, I see you are already signed up on the forums so I shall give you back your team position. The game right now needs more scenary definetly. If you could do that then that would be great. Thanks.

Felony Rise 10% complete
Middle Earth ORPG 2%
visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com/index.cgi for Felony Rise discussion and Dark Basic Tutorials soon
Lil Gaming Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2006 21:13
pro r gamer can u tell me if i am on your forum register list as i think i registered

Blazer MMOG 0% C++
Sphere Mini Mania 50% Not in WIP and Will not be in WIP Get on my website to download each one of them!!!!!!
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2006 17:58
yeah gamer2386 you are i will give you back your team member status now

Felony Rise 10% complete
Middle Earth ORPG 2%
s0l1dsnak3123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2006 21:09
is it all right if i stay on your team (remember I gave you that huge zip full of cars and models... and music too (i think))

visit my Forum... Contribute to GAT. DBC's latest GTA remake!!!
http://s0l1dsnak3123.proboards54.com/
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2006 22:14
yeah, sure you are more than welcome

i have made you a Team Member on the forums by the way so now you can access the members section.

Felony Rise 10% complete
Middle Earth ORPG 2%
s0l1dsnak3123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2006 19:25
ok thanks

visit my Forum... Contribute to GAT. DBC's latest GTA remake!!!
http://s0l1dsnak3123.proboards54.com/
super duper man named joe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 03:58
the download dont work 4 me
super duper man named joe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2006 17:25
I Cant Download it
it says cant find page
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2006 23:17
Bad news. My computer had a surge and the whole Hard drive was wiped. All the new work that I had added to felony rise has gone, however, I found the source code for the demo on one of my memory sticks so I need to start it again, sorry.

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com/index.cgi for Felony Rise discussion
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2006 06:46
Collision needs work, there's no sliding. Run into something, you gotta back away first.

Drew G
User Banned
Posted: 12th May 2006 18:03
Dang, sorry to hear that,

BTW my old account was Drew G or currently George Lopez
I'll try to help, but is it possible if I did more work on Music and media like that?
Anyway, for sliding collision, make a rectangle that has sliding collision and position it whereever the car is, I mean, don't use the ccrappy Set Collision on command, that doesn't work great. I don't know, hope that was helpful..
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2006 13:54
Right, Felony Rise is going to be completely remade from scratch. I have decided upon the setting of New York and I have begun re-creating the streets of brooklyn. Right now I am making my own textures and models and also replacing the textures of the dark matter models, such as the police car to make it look like a new york one. So far what I have done.

-improved car physics
-made a new police car texture
-the police car's strobe lights can now flash and the method that I used is having 2 other textures that show each light brighter and in the code, a timer makes the texture change at intervals.
-theres a new radio station (far better than the last one)
-a few buildings such as police station, petrol station and hospital. These can be interacted with.

so thats what I have sone so far. By the next demo I will create a new thread. Screenshots soon.

Drew G
User Banned
Posted: 15th May 2006 18:01
Great, let me check out the forum again.
Lil Gaming Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 19:32
ok then well i can see if i can get my friend to help you get it on the ps2. He has the software for creating games for the ps2 so then we may be able to get it multi-console format

Blazer MMOG 0% C++
Sphere Mini Mania 50% Not in WIP and Will not be in WIP Get on my website to download each one of them!!!!!!
Life is useless unless... I dunno!
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 19:53
Quote: "ok then well i can see if i can get my friend to help you get it on the ps2. He has the software for creating games for the ps2 so then we may be able to get it multi-console format"

Db/Dbp Can't get games on multi console how many times do people have to say that

Theme park simulator wip boards
Lil Gaming Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2006 23:57
My friend seriously can he is creating a ps2 game

Blazer MMOG 0% C++
Chris Franklin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2006 00:10
In c++ maybe but Darkbasic can't do it ffs it even says on the site

Theme park simulator wip boards
gamedude
Years of Service
User Offline
aww but this game would be great on ps2 or maybe ps..3 (bump)
this games fun so far keep up the good work.

on Earth im a human
on the moon im a.... forget it
Lil Gaming Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2006 20:50
hey guys sorry aint be here for a while but i do know of a really good thing u may wanna use. I have found a lot of free 3D engines and I am gonna compose a cool special weapon for you is that ok?

Blazer MMOG 0% C++
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2006 18:36
Yes, thanks Lil Gaming Man.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 14:28:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 14:28:43