Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Maze game - how to make 'parents' Please help!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all. I recently posted a topic, and it was answered within minutes, so so far i've had good experiances with ths forum. I am using Dark basic pro. (not trial)
I am attempting to make a simple maze game, where you control the sphere and guide it through cubes and boxes. The trouble is, there will be quite a few objects, and it would take ages to program the collision of the sphere with every single box. Therefore, is there any way in dark basic pro to set parents - which are things that other objects can be the same of, and when collision checking, only check for the parent, not all of it's "children". Thanks!!! Oh, and here's my code.

I am a noob. HELP!!!
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2005 22:24
Sorry, but new people on these forums have to wait some time till they can use the source code editor.

post it between [[/b]code] and [[b]/code] tags please.

About the question:
for collision checking, it's would be a good idea to make a 'dummy' object, and place it on the limbs place using the limb position x/y/z(obj, limb) commands. And ofcourse, make sure you turn off the collision of the parent object so it doesn't detect it's own body.
MMORPG programs
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Error obtaining Source Code, invalid ID. Sorry but I've given up.
"

also, This might be a little complex but for SL(simple logic, a step down of AI) You use type commands, check the forums for the ai post or search ai in the necomers forum search. Or you could study up on any command that uses variables....

santah my god, theyre real! *santa faints*
red m&m:oh my god, hes real!*m&m faints*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 11:27:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 11:27:44