Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Sorry for another post - how to draw text whilst in 3d?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello.
My code:

How can i draw the text, it won't appear........
Thnaks for help!!!

I am a noob. HELP!!!
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 26th Dec 2005 04:17
You need a "sync" everytime you want to show any changes to the screen. And try to keep away from "goto" too. You can use "gosub" that'll come back to the line after the "gosub" when it sees a "return".

SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2005 15:29
You could try the draw to front command - I think it automatically draws to the front by default

...maybe one day I'll finish a project
Mr X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2005 18:02 Edited at: 27th Dec 2005 18:03
If you want 2d text on the screen while your in 3d, its the same. You can say its like a camera that films the 3d space but have 2d text attached to the lens. But as Grog Grueslayer says, you need a
everytime you want to uppdate the screen.
Kenn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 23:47
Can you guys help me. I'm 1 week into DBpro and don't know anything. I'm making a flying game. I have no ideal how to make an interface.

I put text in but I don't see it.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 07:04
Quote: "Can you guys help me. I'm 1 week into DBpro and don't know anything. I'm making a flying game. I have no ideal how to make an interface.

I put text in but I don't see it."

Use code snips to show us your code.

[ code ]
Your code here.
[ /code ]

Take out the spaces between the brackets and we see this:

SirFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2006 07:27
I have found that it is best to wait until you have manipulated all the 3D aspects of the scene before doing any 2D. When you do a 2D operation like TEXT or PASTE IMAGE, it gets "written over" if anything 3D changes in the scene, so I keep all the 2D stuff at the end of the main loop to avoid having things disappear on me.

SimSmall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 17:54
I once has this problem (where text wasn't visible, even with draw to front), then just started the whole thing from scratch, and completely by luck all 2D drawing was done right before the sync. Now I subconsciously do all my 3D before 2D... I thought the old version was just being deliberately difficult, but this might be what caused my invisible text...

...maybe one day I'll finish a project
Diablos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2006 18:29 Edited at: 5th Jan 2006 18:30
Quote: "
Can you guys help me. I'm 1 week into DBpro and don't know anything. I'm making a flying game. I have no ideal how to make an interface.

I put text in but I don't see it.
"

its probably a good idea to work up from scratch really. Im about 3 weeks in (i got frustrated at one point and gave up for about a couple of months but now im back ), and im working on text adventures for now. Text adventures with music and pictures.

i began trying to do much more than i was capable of. thats why i quit for a while.

-Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
mido
Years of Service
User Offline
i think you just need to add this before the (print) command

M25
Konrad
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the help - solved!!!!

I am a noob. HELP!!!

Login to post a reply