Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Computer Prank Program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2005 05:30 Edited at: 26th Dec 2005 05:32
This is a prank program you can do to your friends, created in DarkBASIC Classic. It's just called "Funny.exe" and can be downloaded here as a .zip: http://madman1337.game-host.org/rhettgames/funny/funny.zip. The deal plays through as if it were a virus, even virtually disabling keys like Alt+F4, Escape, Ctrl+Alt+Del and Alt+Tab. It features a skull, and some randomly colored and randomly placed windows that go all over.

After all of the scheme is finished, it asks for the ASCII code of 36. When it asks this, make sure to enter the correct letter, j. If you know this key fact, you can just end the program fast, or you'll have to find an alternative solution.

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2005 05:40
sounds boring, you do realise most viruses, the user wouldent become aware of it untill there pc randomly resets and there pc nolonger boots up.

what would be more scary is if it showed a picture of your desktop and your icons start dissapearing

master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2005 05:53
Just don't give it too a knowledgeable friend

Well, I could try that, but it all depends on how I could get the picture the victim has as the desktop so I could simulate the icons deleting, without actually doing it.

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2005 13:14
i made a much better program about 2 years ago now in c++, it actually rebooted your machine randomly, without any warning, it was very funny how people got stressed and when i told them all they had to do was hold shift during boot to stop it, ahh that was l33t

on the topic of jokes, i've seen it on one site where someone replaced the default action of exe's so when they were opened they opened his program first which displayed a "an error has occured" type message box, then ran the program anyway, that one confuses a lot of people

amd athlon xp 2600+,1280mb,FX 5200 128mb,200gb,xp pro sp2
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2005 04:26
I should try making the random reboot program. I really didn't think the thing through that far, I just spent 15 minutes programming it and 5 minutes to get it on the internet

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2005 04:45
If you're planning on making a mischevious program that goes as extreme as rebooting the computer randomly, I would hope that you're smart enough not to post it on this forum.

The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2005 04:45
I like how these kind of people always get so defensive and say it didnt take long to make when someone tells them it aint good lol (not flaming or whatever, just funny)

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2005 15:13 Edited at: 27th Dec 2005 15:14
Ja. Stupid blanky made one once, and posted it in General Talk.

Erm, it's really easy to make something cool like a music-synchronised tech demo. All you need to know is that one bar lasts 800ms for a lot of music
Do that if you're bored. Fun & productive.

Support the AAANJL by doing nothing! Visit teh site below..
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2005 20:20 Edited at: 28th Dec 2005 20:29
Well, this was just a project to wait from 4:00 until 5:00 (between Christmas board games and Christmas Dinner, because visiting was just getting boring) so I really didn't spend much time on this, and I wasn't just covering my back In fact, here is the short code:

Quote: "I would hope that you're smart enough not to post it on this forum."

I'm probably not going to anyway, but if I did I wouldn't release it as a virus, I would just do it to my friends, and have a thing where you hit a certain key and it reboot normally, or something like that.

But, I realize this program isn't very good and I wouldn't really recommend it as a great prank program, so, let us let this thread die in peace. Do I hear an "amen?"

The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2005 21:38
I'm not much of a fan of viruses. If anything, thats what I have against this But your Game and that Sith Lord thing kick butt so keep doing good work

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120...
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 21:50
Thanks The crazy

As for this project, it's pretty much "cr@p," so I'm completely abandoning it....although I did found out how to randomly restart a computer or shut it down (but it will start again) DUHN DUHN DUHNNNN.

I'm just kidding. But seriously, I did

Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 21:55
Heck, some people are soo computer illiterate that you can just use a simple IE program, that uses javascript to display "Error: Non Compatable Hardware" everytime someone clicks the mouse. Fake virus' are old.

The funny thing is, it is easy to make a simple virus that mass spreads and all. You can even rig a virus to mutate, provided you encorp a compiler in it, or make it download one, and create an programming AI. But virus' hardly ever do anything that kills your system in 2min. It can be done, but hardly is.

Merranvo, The Cool One

Anti-Noob Justice League, an ANJL of Mercy.
blanky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 23:47
Quote: "Fake virus' are old."

Merranvo, fake viruses never get old. A random CD ejector, for example; Hook up the MCI interface in VB6 and you can send repeated 'Eject' instructions to the drive. In. Out. In. Out. In. Out.. repeat until dead.

You don't make a virus to kill a system instantly as it'd have no way to spread to other computers ... As a parasite, you're dependent on the host computer's ability to operate.

With a mutating virus, the best type are self-modifying ones. For example, some pseudocode might say:
- Allocate some memory (memalloc api call)
- Paste some viral code in your memory block that Windows just gave you
- Paste a JMP in the next place to be executed so that you jump to the beginning of the memory block and start executing there

Course, if something goes wrong and it jumps to your runtime's error handling code instead or your system caches (wrongly) the next instruction, your programs goes BABOOM. Mmm.

And if you want the quickest way to kill a computer with a program, just overwrite block 0 of the hard drive. The first thing a bootloader does is fetch block 0, and if it's invalid then compy go boot-boot no more.

Support the AAANJL by doing nothing! Visit teh site below..
new programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 06:59
theres a good one, "the non-existant desktop" mwuahahahahah.

1. take a screenie of their desktop
2. hide all icons on desktop
3. set desktop background to screenie of destop
4. sit back and watch

mwuahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahha HAA HAA HAA!
new programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 07:00 Edited at: 31st Dec 2005 07:00
aww man! blanky is EVIL!! i hope he doesn't get near my computer...
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 07:01
Only reason I say fake virus' are old is because they are all the same. I would prefer something that did something as dastardly as fake that overwrite. Actually do something that makes it seem to skrew the system, like deleting the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, yet keep a backup so that you can restore it.

That would be a good faker. And you can't just shutdown the computer to get the problem away. Too many of these fake virus' last too short, or don't really do anything that really freaks someone out, just scare them for a couple seconds.

As for a real virus, you only need a little time to spread the virus, 2 min IS crazy, mabey an hour. But the way I see it, the reason most virus' get stoped is because they don't destroy their hosts. Think about it, if the host gets destroyed (Probally could curropt the FAT (or NTFS, whatever they call it now-a-days)) then the virus could remain active longer, who would know what the virus was if they can't locate it? And you could do so much more, you could encorporate a level of AI into tbe virus and have it communicate with the other infected hosts, have it programmed in the skills of hacking. So many things that are possible.

What I am saying is that the devistation that is possible if someone just spent a little more time, if they really tried. It makes you look at to date virus' like mere jokes. Someone could create a dooms-day virus, something that could wipeout massive ammounts of data, if only they choose to do so, yet what do they do now? Mess with your computer abit, thats what they do.

Merranvo, Teh S \/|03|2 7I<><>I3
Anti-Noob Justice League, what's that?
new programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 07:29
or like a revised edition of the uhh... cant think of the name... virus. it was a email virus one of the first or something...

like it goes around your computer creating text files that r useless LOL.

master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 10:19 Edited at: 31st Dec 2005 10:26
To restart is really easy. I found you can even link the computer to shut down using HTML, so people can do this in sites as well

I'll try to hunt down the CD ejector thing so I can do that - sound cool (except for the dying part )

new programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 23:43
you can use HTML to restart peoples computers?

*never goes to another webpage without someone else going there first agin*

Undercover Steve
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 03:30
You cant shut someones site off with html..HTML is serverside, and cant execute dynamic code. Sorry ur not a comedian!!111

We have fallen Into an abyss! Dear God captian! There all Bars.
Les Horribres
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 05:48 Edited at: 1st Jan 2006 05:48
no, php is server side, html is downloaded directly to your computer and executed. But you need active X control to do anything serious, and modern computers block it, unless you install something like a riged version of shockwave or something like that...

What is with all the zenicanin14 qoutes? Your missing his best one, The one where he insults everyone in 'Boznia Language'!

P.S. I have an HTML Virus!

Merranvo, Teh S \/|03|2 7I<><>I3
Anti-Noob Justice League, what's that?
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 10:34
You see, the restart HTML code that I found is just a regular link. By clicking it (or just visiting the site) it is linked to a certain program and subprogram of the viewing computer and executes the restart in the computer

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 12:05
Quote: " theres a good one, "the non-existant desktop" mwuahahahahah.

1. take a screenie of their desktop
2. hide all icons on desktop
3. set desktop background to screenie of destop
4. sit back and watch

mwuahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahha HAA HAA HAA!"

that is no good, you need to do something more funnier than that, ie hide the start button, so that it is only a grey section by the task bar, add a low keyboard hook to get rid of ctrl alt del and then do something like change the directory for the default of my documents to a hidden folder somewhere

and thats only a starting point

amd athlon xp 2600+,1280mb,FX 5200 128mb,200gb,xp pro sp2
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 02:56
I would make a program that opens each time you launch Internet Explorer (or current browser) and makes your CD tray open and close 12 times and then just stops. Then, when you open it again, it does the same thing. It would be pretty funny to do to a friend I think

master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 03:03
OH! I figured out how to eject the CD tray using Javascript:

Just put that in and it will open your CD tray. It's funny with multiple CD trays

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 03:28
That code probably only works in IE though (judging by the OCX extension).

When I was younger I made a bunch of prank programs, like when we used to have dot matrix printers my code would give blank lines to the school printers so the paper would just spool out non-stop until someone reset the computer.

I also made a funny one in QB that generated a very low pitched sound which slowly rose in pitch and decibal. I got some buddies to put it on their computers too then when class ended we started them up and shut off our monitors (it was a requirement to shut off the screens after class).

We stood outside and waited for the high-pitched sounds to wind up and it was so friggin hilarious watching our wimpy teacher run around the computer lab trying to find the offending code.

The good thing about QB4.5 was the ability to compile the code to EXE so the teacher never knew who or what the software was that ran it. Ahhh the memories

master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 10:02 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2006 10:08
It might be just for IE....most of my friends have that so it's probably all right

I've created a cool thing to go along with the CD tray thing. Link to it here http://madman1337.game-host.org/rhettgames/tricks/cd_tray/index.htm Once there, click on the "here" button. The thing will launch. There's a password that can end the thing. (Although you can end it anyway ). I'll give you a clue to what it is. It's a song with 7 digits.

Enjoy

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 14:52
Ok, I don´t think I like those "evil" prank-programs. Here´s one that´s a little nicer... I promise
http://medlem.spray.se/everlord/downloads/fun.htm
Muahahahahahahahahahahaha!

master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2006 03:47
I'll check that out, only if you tell me what exactly it does

And the little pranks are harmless, and are not "evil"
The restarting doesn't hurt, unless you've been working on an essay and haven't saved. And the CD tray thing doesn't matter, it only opens 5 times if you're using Internet Explorer, other browsers won't work

Well, I'm working on some more and will post again. A small tutorial like thing is on my site that kind of explains how to use the code and implement it in HTML found here: http://madman1337.game-host.org/rhettgames/tricks/cd_tray/index.htm

Enjoy....mwuahahahahhahahahaha

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2006 20:06
@Master, It´s just a silly animation and a fake warning(all your base are belong to us)...

UFO
Years of Service
User Offline
It doesn't work, Master Programmer!!! Hah!

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia-Fear of long words
master programmer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 04:59
The CD tray deal won't work, eh? Are you using Internet Explorer? If so, does your version support Visual Basic Script????

Manticore Night
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2006 07:40
I did something once in Computer class, they had VB installed, on the comps, but noone knew how to use it... execept me . So I got a girl to come to my computer and said that she I made a program that will chat with you. There was just one big text box, so I told her to just type something. As soon as she typed somthing in it turned to a big intimidating black screen with a big bomb in the middle with flashing text saying FATAL ERROR! I could have died when I saw the look on her face!

[center]It's amazing how much TV has raised us. (Bart Simpson)

He's back! With 20% less intelligence!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:33:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:33:06