Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / some different stuff

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i try to post as little as possible so....

1. i'm lazy and i dont know how to use collision techniques, any help?
2. are there any real ai tutorials? not the ones with states but like chess ai programs?
3. how do you play an object? i do the play object command but it doesnt work.
4. how do you make those top-down games like-Rome total war, age of empire, empire earth, railroad tycoon etc. do you just shrink the objects or move the camera up? if so how do you control the camera?
5.I'm doing AI with states right now, i have one where there are 5 citz and 10 enemies, whenever one of the enemies gets too close, the cit that it gets too close to runs away. how do you do do that?
6. how do you determine the distance of each of the five objects to each of the 10 objects?
7. Is there any particular tutorial to help me get started on particles?
8. how would you make flying units?

I do not expect for all the answers to these questions. the main questions are 4, 5, 6, 2 and 1.

santah my god, theyre real! *santa faints*
red m&m:oh my god, hes real!*m&m faints*
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2005 09:16 Edited at: 27th Dec 2005 09:17
1. Try the search button. I know you're lazy so that'll be a good exercice.
2. Yes, if you're up to pathfinding AI:
http://www.policyalmanac.org/games/aStarTutorial.htm
3. play object is a command to play an object. But if you're object doens't have animation, this command will obviously do nothing.
4. you can choose mate. But the easiest would be moving the camera.
To detect the side of the screen, use mousex(), mousey() and screen width() and screen height().
5. Use pythagoras: distance# = sqrt( (x#-x2#)^2 + (z#-z2#)^2) When too small, run away using an array RunAway(enemy)(or us e types).
6. look at 5.
7. Start with the help files.
8. load object filename$,id, or create a primitive if you don't have an object yet. Then position them in the air and move them there.
MMORPG programs
Years of Service
User Offline
for q 3,i have animation but it doesnt work
for q 4, the problem isnt detection. i mean how to move the camera because its pointing down, would you just have to make it so that you make a matrix over the landscape and the camera is always the same height as the matrix?
for q 5. Again the problem isnt how To determine the distance, i know how to do from one object to multiple but not multiple to multiple, like citizen#1 has the distance from enemies 1-10, citizen 2, 3, etc

santah my god, theyre real! *santa faints*
red m&m:oh my god, hes real!*m&m faints*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 11:29:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 11:29:47