Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Isometeric Engine Problems

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I make the object move to where I click on the screen???

TogaMario
Years of Service
User Offline
I would create an invisible sphere at the groundheight oh where you click, then have the program constantly adjust the x,z values until player position = invisible sphere position, then delete the sphere. But i'm complicated and fairly new to it all...

P.S. This is what the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.
Iceman00
Years of Service
User Offline
IN oder to place the sphere i need to get where to postion the object from the mouse... I know i need to use tan... I'm just working on the formula right now...

Iceman00
Years of Service
User Offline
ARGG... After 4 hours of tinkering still nothing... Does anybody know what to do???

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2003 14:10
I would use a 3D object for your 'cursor' and then say this is a 'feature' Just say, Where do you want your object placed? Then just use that object to control, then place objects using the coordinates of that.

I dont quite get your problem, but hey, I tried!

RPGamer

Current - RPG: Eternal Destiny
http://www.halbrosproductions.netfirms.com
Dont ask those questions! Read the help files lazy! Oh ya, and Tat has a plugin for that!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 23:13:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 23:13:03