Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problems in DBPro, possibly due to 5.9 upgrade?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 09:23
I've just recently reinstalled DBPro after a long hiatus, because I have a project that im working on, and i lost the old install when i reformatted.

Anyway, I've reinstalled DBPro and installed the 5.9 upgrade, but i've noticed an error in the program where when i type some code, the text will be invisibile, although the cursor will move to the right as though the text was being typed. Also in these areas of the screen where this happens, I am unable to highlight using the mouse. If i click and drag to highlight the text in these malfunctioning areas(which have no visible text but the cursor has moved over as though the text were there), the cursor moves where I drag the mouse too, but I don't get the blue highlight that usually accompanies text that u drag the mouse over in Windows. Typing in any other area thus far has been without incident, and i cannot say this happens on a specific line, because if i type code above the last line of my program the text shows and behaves normally. however if i try to type any text on the line below the endfunction command of my last function (my functions are at the end of my code), the above phenomenon occurs.

Sometimes, if i just type one letter after my last function at the bottom of my code, there will be a small delay but the letter will show up on screen. However, any more than one letter and nothing shows at all as described above, and even if i type the one letter and it shows, when i backspace to delete the letter, it stays there for a second then disappears.

wanted to know if you guys thought it was a problem with the upgrade, dbpro itself (which never had this problem way back when i used it prior to my hiatus), or my computer. My computer has been acting just a little bit strange lately, i.e. - it restarted for no apparent reason when i was typing a post for the forum this morning...I've run full scans on it with fully updated full versions of Norton Antivirus, Ewido, Ad-Aware, and checked all my running process with Wintasks 5. all malicious items found were repaired or deleted if not needed. but still the unexplained restart this morning....

well, anyone have any ideas?

DBPro User
PC: WinXP, 80gb HD, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (128mb onboard RAM), 512mn DDR400 RAM. Thank you for your help.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 10:07
Make sure you update the editor as well as DBP.

http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?f=ide

Get and install both updates in order.

And then get this update and install it (or rather copy the files).

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=64322&b=1

SirFire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 11:58
I noticed that if I shrink any functions using the "-" icon next to the function, it screws up typing in the whole editor. So I just never shrink functions anymore.

Gyrich
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 18:36
Thx alot both of you for your suggestions. Lost in Thought, so far i've installed DBPro, then upgrade 5.9. Should i install the IDE upgrade that u gave me the link for, *then* the 2 unofficial patches? or vice versoa? or do i need to uninstall everything and reinstall them in a certain order?

also, will installing these upgrades make my previous code not work?

thanks for your help.

DBPro User
PC: WinXP, 80gb HD, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (128mb onboard RAM), 512mn DDR400 RAM. Thank you for your help.
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 21:12
Those 3 updates can be installed at any time, though you may have to change a few settings in the editor if you changed the defaults. Install the 1.0.9, then the 1.0.9.2, and then the 1.1.0.3 (unofficial patch). This fixes many of the problems with the DBP editor. You may have to change your concatenation symbol to _ or something if you use ... alot in your comments.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 11:23:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 11:23:31