Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / worm tunnel

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've tried about twenty different things, but haven't been able to get this right yet.
Does anyone know how I can make a tunnel that wanders left, right and spirals, so that I can send something rolling down and avoiding cunning little traps that have been left in it's way?
I've tried making a cone, a cylinder and viewing it from a negative number like a skybox but the compiler just laughs at me.
I can get the lighting right and the cunning little traps but the basic tunnel just isn't happening.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2005 22:20
i made a straight tunnel with cubes that were resized, but for zig zagy, i have no clue

dont assume cause ull make an ass out of you and me!
MMORPG programs
Years of Service
User Offline
i dont know, maybe you should have an object that you turn up and around and make a tunnel piece at the object location. hide the object and make sure its always ahead of the object, if your object speed is 2 then move it 3, 4-6 etc. I've never tried it and i dont even know if it would work but....

santah my god, theyre real! *santa faints*
red m&m:oh my god, hes real!*m&m faints*
Ultimate Newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
I've actually thought of something that might work.
If I create a circle at maximum camera range then make it get bigger either by moving the camera or enlarging the circle, then do the same thing every second or so with a loop, that might simulate a tunnel. The hard part is going to texture the circle as it gets bigger. Then if I slightly offset the origin of the circle it could look as if the tunnel is winding. Or am I just talking total nonsense?
Antidote
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 22:04
I would use two matrixes. Set the far left and far right sections of them to the same coordinate and then adjust heights of both of them so that they appear to bend and move. Spirals can be simulated by spinning the camera. If you want a better explanation just ask.

Ultimate Newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
I understand the second part about spinnng the camera, but the first, about the matrixes is beyond me. If you could explain, I'd appreciate it because my method is proving a tad difficult.
crighton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 13:14
just make 2 cylinders
reverse them
texture them with wormhole texture
position ur self in the first 1, put second at end of the 1st
scroll textures on both towards u
change the z and y angle of both cylinders slightly to simulate changing direction

hope that helps

aye!
Ultimate Newbie
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for that; I'll ive it a go.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 13:25:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 13:25:31