Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Light Frenzy

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 22:48 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2006 22:42
Ok, I'll give the WIP board a try. This is my second game made with DarkBASIC programs, first with DarkBASIC Pro. It's a puzzle game, where you drive your wheel over the white blocks, so they turn red. But if you go over a block too many times, then it will turn grey, and you will have to start the level over. If all the blocks are red, then you win!
You can download the game.

EDIT: New Version Attached. Up to level 15. PLEASE PLAY & COMMENT!

NO I'm not! I'm not a... well, technically I'm not... I almost... sorta... maybe... yeah. Ok, Ima noob...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 22:53
to post screenshots you must press print screen key on your keyboard then save it as a file. Then you must click on the upload file when you make a post on the thread and find that file then post the message.
Flaming Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 22:55 Edited at: 31st Dec 2005 19:41
I tried that... but then it said that you can only have one file per post.. so I can post a screenshot on this one, but only one. How do you get 2 or 3 of them?

Screenshot- Title Screen

Am I dead yet?

Attachments

zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2005 23:10
Please jpg!
Looks good, though. I haven´t downloaded it yet, I´ll do it tomorrow...

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
i think appolo hates JPG files (in big letters)
try to rename it to .jpg (small letters)

Just. ...Leave me alone =/
TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 15:37
I vote .png. I'll download it now.

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
Flaming Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 19:42
so does anyone have any comments? This is one of my first games, and I would like to know what I should change to make it better. Also here's a screen shot of the game. (I'm not very good at making graphics, I use MS paint for everything)

Am I dead yet?

Attachments

Hawkeye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 19:50
Looks decent enough

Suggestion: use [href]www.photobucket.com[/href] for image hosting

I am but mad north north-west; when the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw - Hamlet, Hamlet
Flaming Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 20:24 Edited at: 31st Dec 2005 20:25
Hey Thanks Hawkeye. Here's the other two pictures, and a third of the desert world.

Am I dead yet?
Bush Baby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2005 23:32
Hm.. Looks pretty neat.

||Secretive project: ||16% complete. || Rewrite: 3rd || Genre: Adventure || GUI worked out on 12/31/05 ||
Flaming Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 00:39
Has anyone actually played it?

Am I dead yet?
soapyfish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2006 12:59 Edited at: 1st Jan 2006 13:06
I've just played it and I think it's quite good, better than I thought it would be after looking at the screenies if I'm being honest. You've obviously put a lot of work into it. The introduction's not bad either, the fact that it's not too serious works well with the choice of music and graphics (although I'm guessing there's going to be some improvements made to the graphics in the future). Really looking forward to seeing more of this game in the future. Good luck.

EDIT::
Lol, only got to level three before I made a mistake and had to start again. I've had ideas for similar concepts (have to get from a to b in only so many moves) but never actually made a game. It's great to see you've pulled it off. I'm liking the slightly less than enthusiastic "yay" when I finish a level.

Flaming Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 15:43 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2006 15:50
Okay. I made better graphics for the background, at least I think that it is better graphics. I'm slightly limited with MS Paint, and I'm not good at graphics. I also added World 4, the Space Shuttle. Has anyone beat all the levels yet? And any more comments? (even if it's just that you like it )

2 More Screen shots

Better Backgrounds

New Space Shuttle Level

NO I'm not! I'm not a... well, technically I'm not... I almost... sorta... maybe... yeah. Ok, Ima noob...
Flaming Ghost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 22:44 Edited at: 4th Jan 2006 00:34
Yay. I updated the first post, now it has 15 levels, it should be pretty hard... . If you read this, please download it and play it. Then comment, even if you think it's perfect , please post and tell me you think so. I think I'm only going to do one more world, so I would like to make it better, if anybody thinks something is wrong, before I finish everything.
EDIT!-ANYBODY????!!!!

LIGHT FRENZY (almost done!)
Best Noobish game ever.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 10:37:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 10:37:13