Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with a code

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

I've been trying to make a simple program, i was trying to make my floor and have a sphere to use in third person perspective and have a couple boxes around, i was just tryinng to get a simple program. It is my first moving objcect with a textured floor. Well it just brings me to a blank screen, can you please look at it and tell me if you see the problem.
Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 00:19
the blank screen is due to the fact that you never refresh it via the 'sync' command.

well, i'm still very new to DBP but i made the code work. here is the new code, remarked with the problems i found and some advice:

btw, i left out anything to do with the matrix and textures. my goal was to help you with the collision routine and to show you about how SYNC works

hope this helped. good luck

My Modest System:
Athlon XP1800+, Windows XP+SP2, Soyo K7V Dragon+ MB, 1.5Gb 333 RAM, ATI Radeon 8700LT (128Mb), Drivers and Updates Kept Current
Nunez12
Years of Service
User Offline
well, i really could have done that, i just really wanted to know how to get the matrix, like the floor that i created, instead of just a blank blue ground. if you can help me with that, then please post
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 04:09
@ Nunez12

When you say stuff like "Well it just brings me to a blank screen, can you please look at it and tell me if you see the problem." how is anybody going to read your mind and get what you actually want to have help with isn't what you typed?

You don't want the matrix creating inside the do/loop. Those commands don't need to be repeated every loop.

When the bugs have been fixed the matrix is there... but it's a little small.

Nunez12
Years of Service
User Offline
i want a landscape, like a real game would have, but only a small tile is created, how do i make a full landscape?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 13:28:48
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 13:28:48