Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 3D Models question...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
If someone would care to explain to me how i would go about this....

If i have modelled a character and animated them etc and textured. Exported them for use in game.. how would i go about having multiple weapons attaching to their hand that follow the animation without having to animate each every weapon? I guess this question also goes to clothing.. how could i have multiple clothing so if i want to add a piece of chest armour and have it actualy worn by the model (object) and have it follow the animation?

thanks in advance

Chewy
BN2 Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
there are 2 ways that I can think of

1. If you model is made with limbs, use the command link limb(after making the piece of equipment a limb of the player model) and link the equipment piece to the hand or chest etc.

2. The other way would be to animate each item with walking shooting etc animations and then just position it at the same place as the character. I wouldn't recommend this as it will probably have more bugs than it is worth.
Sven B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2006 10:12
Wouldn't it be better using glue object limb? Link limb specifies a parent limb for a newly created limb. While glue object just makes an object dependant on a limbs position and angle. In DBC, it meant trouble for collision though...
Chewy
Years of Service
User Offline
I guess it would be hard or imposible to do with DBP cuz i cant see how clothing or anything would sit and deform and have weight on the player?

Chewy

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-24 13:30:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-24 13:30:08